Can it really be? A new post from me? Oh you just wait and see....
So...tomorrow is MOVING DAY! After going back and fourth all summer on moving or not, we finally made a choice and we're heading to WY first thing in the morning. We loaded up the moving truck yesterday (and lucky us...we were given the truck with the graffiti on it...we're going to roll into town in style!) and we're ready to roll.
Marty and a few other gracious folks are cleaning the house from top to bottom and I...am on bed rest! Between the stress of moving and the dust from packing, my asthma went crazy. I went to Dr. yesterday since I could hardly breath and he almost admitted me to the hospital but I promised I would lie low for the next couple of days. I sure know how to get out of working! Actually it's very frustrating to have everyone doing all of the work that I should be doing. But my mom is letting me use her spare room and I suppose could use the rest. One good thing about getting sick right now is that it's really taken my mind off of leaving. I am horrible at goodbyes and most of you know that I actually avoid them all together. I'm sure that's the wrong thing to do, but it's just too hard.
There are a lot of disadvantages to this move, of course. We're leaving our home. Our family. Our friends. And so on. However, we are really hoping that this will be a temporary move. We're still searching for a job for Marty here daily, but it's going to be hard to beat the one he is very fortunate to have now.
However, I'm making lemonade out of these lemons and looking at the bright side! I am really looking forward to reconnecting as a family. Especially with Cole at the age he is, he'll want to be off hanging out with his friends (he's already getting there), so this change is coming at a great time. We aren't enrolling the kids in any sports or activities in the fall (maybe swimming lessons in Oct since they missed out on their lessons this summer). We have some fun things planned, like Messed up Mondays, where we have breakfast for dinner. And pizza and movie night on Fridays. (we're actually going to do a variation on pizza every week...pizza subs, pizza casserole and so on). We are all excited to simplify life a little and get to know one another again.
The kids' school doesn't begin until September 8th, so we'll have 2 and half weeks to get settled. Ella will be in Kindergarten...ALL DAY! She starts an hour later than Cole. I am still having a very hard time with this. I thought that I had another year of her being home half of the day, I'm broken hearted! But once again, looking on the bright side and it will just be Alli and I all day and I have some ideas on how we'll keep ourselves busy.
Thank you so much to everyone for supporting me/us through these very difficult past few months. Marty and I believe that everything happens for a reason and we are looking forward to the next chapter in our life.
Oh...our house is for rent, so please let me know if you know anyone who is interested. :)
1 comments:
Sending you wishes of happiness as you start this new chapter!
Post a Comment