Summer Happenings

7/17/2009

I plan to make this short and sweet...but I'm sure ya'll know how that usually goes :)

I'm trying to remember what we've been up to since our trio to the Coast (AKA..the last time I blogged)

Marty's Grandma was in town from SD, it's always fun to see her. Marty was in WY but found out that he had the weekend off, but had to stay in town just in case. Marty's Mom took the kids for the weekend and I was able to spend the weekend in WY--just Marty and I. It was so fun to just be us for a few days.

Had a mini family reunion in Twin Falls. Marty's Mom and Grandma were planning on meeting us at Shoshone Falls to give us our kiddos back. My Mom, Jeremy, Heather and the boys came too. It was very hot, but the falls were amazing and the kids had so much fun running around the park. Marty and I had a very long day driving from WY to Twin Falls then back. But it was worth it for our weekend alone and a fun day with everyone at the Falls.

We spent 4th of July in WY. We had a BBQ with Marty's co-worker/roommate/friend and his family and some friends that we met here. Ate yummy food, played with fireworks, drove to a parking lot on a hill to watch the city fireworks and came back home to light off more fireworks, made a lot of neighbors angry. We didn't realize it was so late. Oops.

We headed home to day after the 4th for just a few days then we were off to Lagoon for Marty's company picnic. We stayed in a hotel for a couple of nights, so it was kind of a mini vacation. The kids had a blast swimming and I was thrilled that the view from our hotel was a SUPER Target! It's true. The hotel was right across the street from a shopping center, so we were able to walk to dinner and of course to the SUPER Target. We had a very long (12 hours), extremely fun day at Lagoon. We rode just about every ride (Cole even went on all of the big, scary roller coasters with Marty), spent a couple of hours playing in the water at Lagoon-A-Beach and spent time with his co-workers. I did learn a few things throughout the day...A) Don't take a 2 year old on a Tilt-A-Whirl. B) As funny as it looks, the people wearing a fanny pack really do have the best idea. C) If you have a 2 year old, bring a stroller so you don't have to pay $12 to rent a wagon.

Our plan was to head back to WY right after Lagoon so Marty could get back to work, but his schedule changed and we went back home. This time for only 3 days. We fit a lot into those 3 days though ;)

Here are some photos of our Happenings...enjoy!

1 comments:

~Four Tully's~ said...

YOu guys are having a very FUN filled summer!! I am glad that your kids are getting to do so much!! Your pictures are wonderful..