Happy 8th Birthday Cole!!

2/13/2009

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Cole is 8 and mom is busy but will try to do a short post!

-Sitting here looking at the clock thinking about laying in a hospital bed 8 years ago today just sitting, waiting, wishing.... I wasn't due for another 12 days (the 24th), but as I was waddling out to the parking lot after work, I tripped (imagine that!) in a small hole and it made my back hurt really bad. I spent the next 6 hours with the worst back pain, calling Marty at work (he was working swing shift) to ask him to pick up some Tylenol on his way home. I tried everything to get comfortable, but sitting on my bed on my hands and knees and squating down were the only things working. When Marty got home, he said that he talked to our favorite pharmacist at the local Rite Aid and she grabbed his hand and said "honey, I think you're wife is in labor". Were were in such denial, but started to write down my the times of my "back aches", AKA my contractions. Oh the job of pure back labor- OUCH!!
We headed to the hospital around 2 am, stopping twice on the 5 min drive so I could get out and squat down in an attempt to elevate the back pain. It was 5 am when they finally got the OK from my Dr. to admit me- they almost sent me home! I had to do the dreaded walk around the hospital hall to get things moving.
To sum it up...after 22 hours of labor, almost 3 hours of pushing causing a 104 degree temperature for the new mom, I heard Marty yell the words "IT'S A BOY!!!"(yep, he beat the Dr. to it!!) at 2:12 pm on February 13th. Cole was finally here...all 7 pounds 10 ounces of him. We were so happy and so scared! And yes, I have a tear or two rolling down my face right now!!!
-Birthday French Toast is cooking (hopefully I will have pics up before I post this!), the "your special plate" plate is ready to go, Cole's Birthday banner is on the wall.









-It's bring your family to school week at Cole's school, so I will meet him there for lunch. He has requested a bacon cheeseburger toaster, mozzarella sticks and an Ocean water from sonic. And yes, he will eat all of it! Then I will stay to help the teacher out until 2:00 for their Valentines Day Board game party. She had the kids bring games in from home and has invited parents to come play- how fun! I am also bringing in Birthday donuts for the class's. Whew.... ( Thanks to my Dad and Margie for coming to watch the girls to make it possible for me to go!)

-His best friend from school is walking home with him (with me following them!). He has requested saucy meatballs for dinner and his friend will stay the night.

It's going to be a fun birthday!!

Cole has grown into such a sweet boy. He loves sports, soccer is still his fav, nature, animals, his sisters, especially teaching them. He and Ella will just be sitting around or eating dinner and he will say "Ella...what's 2+2", then he'll ask much harder questions and stays so patient while getting her the right the answer. We can't wait to see what this 8th year of his life will bring, let's just hope it doesn't go by too quickly!

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

I thought he was a vegetarian? Aparently not with that big ol' Sonic Toaster! I can't believe he can eat all that!
Once again, tell him Happy Birthday from me!

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday to Cole! Sounds like he had a great day planned!

~Four Tully's~ said...

I remember this day almost like it was me.. Do you remember me bringing Sis w/ me and then walking to get drinks from the fridge and them telling me I can't walk around the hospital w/ a new born. I still have that picture of the two of them on the hospital bed! I can't believe that our kids are only a month apart, and are now both 8!!! Amazing how time is flying by.. Happy B-day Cole! Hope it was a great day!! Luvs you Cass~