A Quick Hello

1/18/2009

Yes, I do realize that I still have a blog ;)

Marty was home this last week and it was another busy busy one. He was supposed to come home sometime Monday afternoon. We were talking on Sunday night around 10:00 pm and he said that he was just getting back to Rock Springs, WY after working and had a lot of things to finish up before going to bed. He said he wanted to get a good night's rest and would call me in the morning when he was heading home. Then at 1:00 am, I heard my front door open. I sat straight up in bed terrified until I heard Tabby jumping, then I knew it was Marty. (She would have barked if it were anyone else, hopefully!) I was glad that he was home earlier than expected.

Tuesday night was skate night with Cole's school and we had so much fun! Alli even skated for the first time. She couldn't have been more adorable. I didn't bring my camera because I just wanted to be "there", not behind a camera- silly I know. I'm bummed now that I didn't bring it. I'll be sure to get photos next time.

We went up to Bogus to snowboard (Marty and Cole), ski (Ella) and play in the snow (Alli and I) and it was so beautiful. Getting on top of this inversion and soaking up some sunshine was fantastic! For some reason, the kids just were not in the mood to ski/snowboard, but I'm going to make lemonade here and just be happy that we enjoyed the drive and the sunshine!

The view from the top looked like the Ocean, the kids thought it was the coolest thing, well, so did we!


We made an impromptu stop at Joe's Crab Shack on the way home. Great food with a kid friendly atmosphere. I just wish I wasn't wearing sweats with no make up at the time.
Other than those two outings, we had a lot of time together as a family just...playing ;)

Photos from Bogus and a few from the rest of our week are here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so tired of the yuck! I told Jason we should take a drive up to Bogus. It looks beautiful up there!

~Four Tully's~ said...

How fun, great pictures, it does look like the ocean out there. And you looked just fine in the picture..

Jill said...

Oh man! I had forgotten what sunshine looks like. Those 'ocean' shots make me feel sorry for myself, drowning in gloom down here. The rest of the pictures are great! Thanks for the update. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the new layout, too cute!!

Heather said...

Oh, I bet the sun was wonderful! Maybe we will take a little jaunt up there this weekend. The pics are great too!