The most random post. ever.

1/24/2009

It's true...that's my goal! Here are things that are to happen in the future, have happened in the past, are currently happening mixed with some things that are on my mind.

- Cole's first basketball game is this morning. I am so excited. Most of the kids on his team have not ever played basketball, so if anything, this should be rather entertaining! I am SO bummed that Marty will miss this though.

-Ella just told Cole "Cole, did you know that are you the bestest brother in my whole life?" Cole responded with "Thanks, Ella". Awww...

- Alli is eating ice for breakfast

-Cole has been invited to spend the night at a friend's house tonight. After Alli goes to bed, I am going to surprise Ella with a girls night complete with painting our toenails and watching a Barbie or Princess movie.

-Alli no longer likes clothing. She screams when it's time to get dresses and attempts to take off her clothes where ever we are. So it's probably no surprise that she is wearing a diaper right now.

-When Ella first arrives at preschool, the first order of business is for the kids to find their name and write it. As of last week, they now have to write their last name as well. Poor Ella has to turn her paper over to the back because there isn't enough room on the front. It's a good thing that we decided against naming her Isabella and calling her Ella for short. Wouldn't it just be cruel if we named her Isabella Rene **********? ;)

-I had the strangest dream last night that I was driving back from Bogus in my Navy Blue Jeep Cherokee (huh) and I noticed a huge field of kids playing soccer. Next thing I know, my jeep is going down into the grass right towards a group of kids. I honked and they got out of the way. I was so embarrassed and just wanted to leave, but they made me stay and fix the bridge. I think this may have something to do with the fact that I talked to one of my BFF's from high school, Angela, last night and when we were 16, we wreaked my mom's Jeep and got it stuck in a tree. (I think I should do a post sometime of my car accidents- they are all so unique!)

-Alli sang her first song this week "The Wheels on the Bus"...it's the cutest thing EVER!

-I am very excited to go over to Andrea's tomorrow to let the boys be boys, the girls be girls and show Alli the horses and to giggle with Andrea!

-I can't seem to watch enough Wife Swap lately. I am so fascinated by the different ways people live and raise their kids. It also makes me feel like our family is pretty well balanced.

-Ella and I had a very lengthy conversation yesterday about her not wanting to grow up. Just the thought of it brought her to tears. She doesn't want to ever move away from Marty and I, or Cole and I. She doesn't want to leave her toys behind. And she just cannot understand why she can't marry her Daddy. She was telling me that I should go back to school to learn how to share! I was finally able to dry her tears by telling her that she doesn't have to grow up. Oh, she also doesn't understand why in the world she has can't drive when she is 6.

-We can't get enough of Alli's name for Cole...Doe. It's really catching on too!

-It's such a great feeling that the company Marty works for is sending him to Texas next week for a class. They are investing a lot into him, which of course is a really good sign. It will be worth him being gone for an extra week. Out of 5 weeks, he will only be home for 3 days.

-Alli gives Cole the biggest hug everyday when he gets home from school. She says "Hi Doe" and runs over to him. They have such a special bond.

-I am thinking about letting the kids go crazy with painting their play room. Wouldn't it be fun to see their art work (and mine!) all over the walls. I hope I can let loose enough to do it!

-I might actually do a post about a single topic sometime, I guess this shows how my mind is working right now!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I like your random posts; it is neat to see what is going through your mind! :)

Anonymous said...

I use to think my mind was busy but now with kids, it's hard to shut it off at times. There is always some thing to do, something coming and something I forgot.

I'm glad other moms are busy thinking too!

~Four Tully's~ said...

Yea I can't wait to chat it up with you!!

Jill said...

Very random, but I like them too! My favorite part was Ella writing her name. Cracked me up!