If blogger wasn't acting up for me the past couple of days, I would have once again posted 3 in one day. I wonder why I do that? Anyhow, I wrote this on late Friday night...
A friend of mine shared a couple more fun, festive, family activities that I am so excited to share with all of you…or the two of you who read this ;) I also want to document it so I can remember these ideas for next year.
Polar Express Party
Have each of your kids invite one or two friends over and ask them to wear their jammies, robes and slippers just like the movie! Serve hot cocoa and cookies during the movie and send each child home with a little bell. Then on the way to drop the kids off at their homes, drive around and look at Christmas lights. HOW. CUTE. IS. THAT? Too bad our weekends are full from now until Christmas. Is it too early to start working on the invites for next year? Maybe they would actually look like an adult made them if I had a year to make them. Probably not though. ;)
Decorate a tree for the animals
This idea just has Cole (the boys too Heather!) written all over it. Make bird feeders (such as the kind with Peanut Butter and bird seed) and string popcorn with cranberries. (I’m a little if-y on the string though, maybe make little cups full of popcorn, nuts and berries, (ooohh…that sounds like a good midnight snack right now) and set them on the tree). Take a drive to the mountains and decorate a tree for the birds and animals to enjoy. Throw in a salt block or two for the deer (wait…do they like those, our cows sure used to and deer are sort of like cows). After decorating your tree, have a picnic in the snow with hot chocolate, build a fire if you can and roast marshmallows. Oh, I can’t wait to that!
These would make great advent calendar ideas!
If only we could have another month of Christmas...
12/14/2008
Posted by Cassie at 12/14/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I LOVE that idea of decorating a tree for the animals! The boys would absolutely love it! How fun!
Post a Comment