I was hoping that one of the benefits to Marty working out of state would be me having the opportunity to become a little more independent with fixing things such as the small things on the car and around the house. Usually if something is broken, I would depend on Marty to fix it. I know that I have a lot of support and if I needed something, there are a lot of people I could call, but with the little things, I want to try myself first.
The toilet in my bathroom has been running non stop and not flushing, so I just turned the water off since I didn't know how to fix it and used the kids bathroom the past few days. But today I finally had enough and looked how how to fix a toilet online here. And I did it! I know it's a small thing and I don't plan on going into plumbing anytime soon but it feels good to know that I can do it!
**HA! One step forward and two steps back is the title of this edited portion ;) Alli and I could not find her favorite movie tonight so we were looking everywhere and ended up looking in the van. Well, I was looking, she was playing in there. My keys were in the ignition since the car is in the garage and, you guessed it, she pushed the lock button and I didn't realize it when I shut the door. Of course I have a spare key...you guessed it again...it's on Marty's key ring...in WYOMING!
That's what I get for bragging that I took care of something myself earlier ;) It actually is going to work out just fine, however. I am getting new tires tomorrow and the nice people at the dealership where we purchased our van have offered to come pick it up, bring it there for the tires, and drop it back off. Isn't that cool? It will only take an hour and that's too long to wait in the waiting room with the girls, but not long enough to take the shuttle home. SO...I called tonight and they are going to bring their break in kit along!
But let's make some lemonade, shall we...at least no one is locked IN the car, this time and no firetrucks had to be called!
An Accomplishment ** EDITED**
12/15/2008
Posted by Cassie at 12/15/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kaskie fixed the toilet? I am shocked and so very proud. :) Great job pal.. Loved Ella hanging out the window, she is such a ham..
Sometimes when it rains, it pours huh?? Darn it, I think you should make it a rutine that you knock on wood when you get up in the morning.. :)
Your life just cracks me up. Thanks for sharing the funny side of it! I enjoy reading life of other moms.
Hope the break in went well!
Post a Comment