Marty just took Cole and Ella shopping, Alli is taking a nap, the Christmas music is on, the sun is shining bright from the snow covered ground, the house is clean ...what a perfect time to do some major wrapping! I have only wrapped one gift for the kids, so I will make this post short and sweet (I'm not even going to proof read, so I apologize in advance for my errors!), hopefully I can finish while the house is mine, all mine!
Did I already share the idea about exchanging wrapping paper? If so, please skip ;) Rather than purchase separate paper for the kids gifts from "him", my neighbor and I did an exchange- each taking 3 rolls from each other. A new tradition for us!
The kids and I did not drive to Utah last weekend for Marty's Christmas party. We were all very bummed, but with the snow, it just wasn't worth it. So, he was able to come home on Friday, rather than today! Friday was a very long day of traveling for him with delayed planes, closed airports and lost luggage. It took over 14 hours for him to get from ND to home. He used his Christmas bonus to surprise us with a Wii, so when we got home from the airport, we hooked it up and the kids were up until 10 playing bowling. It's so fun! I really want to get the Wii Fit now! Thanks babe for getting such a fun family gift with your hard earned money!
I left bright and early on Saturday morning to finish up my Christmas shopping and had such a great time just browsing around without kids! And it gave Marty and the kids the whole day to play the Wii. They were still in the PJ's at 5 when I came home ;) We had peppermint milkshakes and watched Snow 2. If you haven't seen Snow and Snow 2, check them out, very cute!
Yesterday, Marty's mom came to pick Marty and the kids up to go shopping at Sam's Club while I went to get my hair cut. I had a little trouble getting there, however. When my Mother In Law got Ella's car seat out of the van (Marty's car is in WY, so we only have the van this week), she locked the doors and guess where my keys were..YEP! They were locked in the car again. And YES, we got a spare made already today! My hair appt. was at 11:00 and it's was 10:57, I was in tears! Then I saw my neighbor outside shoveling his driveway and I ran up to him and said "I will pay you to give me a ride to my hair appointment!". (by the way, the snow was really coming down at that point), he said "Are you kidding me", I think he thought he was being punked for a min! He gave me a ride though- I was so thankful!! Oh...here's my hair.
I think I like it. I saw the cut in a photo and brought it to her, she did cut it exactly like the photo, but when it's all flipped and waxed, I look like one of the Beatles. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Beatles, but I just don't need to look like one. And not it's even a cool Beatle that I look like, I look like Ringo ;)

I can pin the bangs over to the side and that is way cute. It's fun and funky, but I think I'll go back to my safe little A Line when it grow out.
Marty went to Bogus to Snowboard after my haircut and the kids and I just hung out here...and went bowling, Wii style. Cole is very good, stike after stike. Ella thinks it's funny to get a gutter ball every time, so that's seriously her goal. And me, well, I try, you just can't tell!
Let's see...tonight we might go see Santa and look at Christmas lights. Tomorrow morning is Christmas Breakfast and gifts with my Dad and my brother and his family. We will go to my mom's on Christmas Eve around 4 for finger foods and gifts. Then Christmas morning here and off to Marty's Mom's that afternoon. Marty flies back to WY on Saturday night and life will be back to normal as we know it!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!!
3 comments:
I think it is super cute! And you don't look like Ringo! :)
I love it Cass! It's funky and fun.. like YOU! I say keep it for a while. It's way cute. And thanks for the morning giggles. Ringo. Good stuff. :)
It is cute! Looks good on you missy!
Post a Comment