Remember Karrie? I haven't seen her since my trip to LA, but she was in town the weekend of the 25th for her 10 year reunion and I was lucky enough to be her guest ;) Yea!! KARRIE!! Karrie is from Vale, OR and had a graduating class of (I think) 60 classmates. Her reunion was pretty much a flop, so we hit downtown Boise instead. We reserved a hotel, rested a bit, then got ready to go!
We started at a pretty low key bar just having a drink and enjoying chit chatting face to face. Then we remembered that our friend/old roommate, Kasie, was having her bridal shower and bachelorette party downtown. (Kasie and I worked at The Bon together in Twin Falls and she started hanging out with me, Karrie and our other friends. At the time, Kasie was living with her parents and she was ready to be closer to school and on her own, so she moved in with Karrie and I for about 5 months) I have kept in touch with each of them throughout the years but Karrie and Kasie hadn't seen each other since we lived together in Twin Falls, nearly 10 years ago. I had such a great time seeing the look on their faces when they saw each other and watching them catch up- I had tears in my eyes ;)
It was a GREAT reunion and Kasie was tickled pink that Karrie and I were there to share in her special night, as were we.
Kasie was her crazy, wild, fun, gorgeous, addicting self...
How cute is she?? ;) The night ended with just the three of us being roommates once again in the hotel. We were awake until about 4 am catching up and reminiscing and we almost got kicked out of because of our excessive giggling ;)
We woke up the next morning and took a walk downtown to Goldy's for breakfast, then parted ways once again, but hopefully not for 10 years this time! It was a fabulous, spur of the moment reunion! It's always so hard to say goodbye to Karrie...just breaks my heart every time. I think I'm due for another trip to Hollywood, baby!
Also last week, another friend from collage, Kristi, was in town for her reunion as well! (She's from Fairfield and her graduating class was a whole 9 people!) Kristi and I were in a couple of sign language classes together and become friends outside of school as well. We hadn't seen each other since my 2002- which was the year both her and I were married. She now lives in San Diego with her surfer loving husband and her kitties, making a living as a sign language interpreter. She made her way to Nampa to come see us and I don't think that we stopped talking for the whole 3 or 4 hours that she was here! It was so great to see her. We haven't ever been really close, but we have so much in common that it's a little creepy! I think I'm due for a trip to San Diego as well ;)
Reuniting Galore Part 3 - A trip to Twin Falls for Kasie's wedding coming soon!
2 comments:
Wow, you've been busy!
You have been busy! Sounds (and looks) like fun times and good memories!!
Post a Comment