Random Kid-isms *edited

8/29/2008

I love the way Alli's soft, blond curls bounce when she walks and especially when she runs.

The sunflower that Cole planted for me for Mother's Day bloomed this week, Cole checked on it when he came home and was ecstatic!!

My kitchen is full of stuffed animals, the kids' little table and Ella's play kitchen- it's a tea party! And Ella is serving strawberry tea (well, water, but let's let her use her imagination)

(the following is not for the weak) Yesterday, Ella experienced a very magical moment (her exact words), her fart whispered in the toilet. It was *almost* as special as last winter when the ground was covered in frost and it was her "special sparkly day". I wish I could be that optimistic and find magic in everything, as she does ;)

Last night, Cole told me that I am the best mom ever. When I asked why, he said "You make food, and buy clothes, and get me in trouble when I need it". I asked "Do you like it when you get in trouble or something" "No, but it's what's best for me because you want me to be good when I'm older". Then he asked for a hug. My heart almost exploded. I had no idea Cole was going to grow up to be this kindhearted.

Alli's new word is "up". She starting to use it when she wants to be held, which is much better than "aahhmamaahh"

Cole LOVES second grade! He comes home with the best stories about his friends, lunch, what he learned and of course the funny things that he did to make his friends laugh.

Ella went to the dentist yesterday (still zero cavities!) and wore a very cute/normal outfit with her glass slippers and a pink rhinestone Santa hat. She also brought her cell phone with her so she could call Cinderella on the way there to inform her that she was going to be late for her birthday party. Cinderealla let her know to be there as soon as she could!

While I was checking out at Target last week, Ella grabbed the latest issue of a bride magazine and started browsing and daydreaming. I then realized I should be saving for her wedding already. If she gets married at the average age of 24, this only gives us 20 years. I'm sure this girl is going to have big plans for her special day. Am I really thinking about this? Let's change the subject...

Cole lost another tooth yesterday. He now has one missing on the top and on the bottom- what's cuter than that?!

Alli still doesn't say many words, it seems like everytime she learns a new one, she replaces it with the one she already knew. However, she has been trying to repeat sentences that Ella says.

Ella was making a list today while we were at the store. She was asking me "Mom, how do I draw Lotion" She wrote a few letters out and was so proud of her list! I was proud too, of course.

Alli loves the horses that graze in the pasture by my mom's backyard. Once she realized they were there, she started going outside and stretching her arm out as far as it will go then pointing, without saying a word. Today, she starting doing it right when I said "Let's go to Grammy's", then again when we drove up to her house. It's the new sign language for "I want to see the horses."

And something oh so cute to end with...Cole is now wearing size 8 in Levis, a whole new section in the store, no more adjustable belt in the waist (big bummer there!), a higher price tag (ug) and a sticker telling the official size on the leg of the jeans...24X22. I cracked up when I saw that! I didn't realize they put such an officail size on those. Knowing that his daddy wears a 33X36, makes it just too scary to know Cole is catching up with him ;)

Couldn't a mom just go on forever...

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love kid-isms...those kids of yours are just fun! I want a sparkling santa hat ~ think Ella would share?

Anonymous said...

What an adorable list. I think I need to do one. Kids are great, aren't they!

Jill said...

Once again, Miss Cassie, you made me laugh.. out loud! Whispering farts? Those two words just don't go together! It's great... and Cole couldn't be any more sweet. I've never known a kid like him! Love it! Thanks for sharing. :)