Storytime

7/12/2008

Aren't you all just on the edge of your seat with the titles of my post latley? ;)

Cole and I went to the library on Thursday to check out some summer reading books for him- he has already read all of the books that we bought for summer. It just the two of us and spending that time alone with him was great ;) (We also took a walk through downtown and ate at my favorite place. He was quite the litte man while we were there!) At the library, I saw the flyer for the the days and time that there were doing storytime. I was so excited since I didn't think that they did story time in the summer. I started taking Cole to story time when he was 2 and I was pregnant with Ella- we used to go just about every week until Cole started Kindergarten- then life got a little wacky. We've gone a few times since then, but Alli hasn't been since she was in her carseat carrier. They had a session on Friday, so I took the kids. The first book was called Ella of Course! Ella was so thrilled that the book was "about her". Then when she started reading it and we found out that it was about a little girl who LOVES her umbrella- even Cole said that the book was just like Ella since she loves her umbrella too! She brings it everywhere. In the book, the little girl is not allowed to bring her umbrella to her ballet recital. So, when she gets home, she turns the umbrella into a ballerina skirt. I made sure to tell Ella that wasn't a great idea so she wouldn't repeat it. When we got home, she did the next best thing- out a skirt over her ballerina costume so it would look like an umbrella...





We picked the perfect day for storytime and plan to go back for the next couple of weeks until the summertime session is over.

**Heather- notice the purse in this picture? You'll see it a lot in the next post as well- she won't put down the "purse that Heather gave her" ;)

0 comments: