How often do you wash your make up brushes?
When I was a Body Shop Consultant, I was a good girl and practiced what I preached and washed them every other week. But it's been a while since I washed them- about a year and and half- wow! I didn't even realize it until the peach of a Saleswomen at Sephoria reminded me ever so rudely yesterday as I was replenishing my Bare Minerals. (Which I LoVe lOvE LOVE love!) She also let me know that the color (WHITE) of my face did not match the color of my body (a teeny tiny bit darker than white), so I should really use the "warmth" (bronzer). I really did appreciate the info, but she just didn't put it very kindly.
ANYHOW...I asked her why my kabuki brush tends to leave little "whiskers" all over my face (the bristles fall out, I've talked to many people who say the same thing, if you know of a kabuki brush that doesn't do this, let me know!), she asked how long I've had it and I told her since Easter. She then asked how often I wash my brushes and I said "never" ;) She was appalled! She let me know the rules to washing brushes (once per week for everyday use, once per month for a using a few days a week and so one)- I knew this, I just forgot it! Rest assured, I came straight home and washed those brushes, it took awhile- I can't believe how much makeup those things soak up! Not to mention all of the things other than make up in there- EWWW (wash with your face wash- no need to spend the money on the fancy brush cleaner- and warm water, lie flat to dry, in case you were wondering). My makeup really does feel lighter and look smoother today ;)
I am curious how often YOU wash your make up brushes- I promise, I won't judge you ;)
Just Wondering...
6/30/2008
Posted by Cassie at 6/30/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Honestly woman! Yesterday afternoon, as I cleared my bathroom counter for a good cleaning, I looked at my little glass ice cream dish with my make up brushes in it and thought.... I REALLY should clean those things! They have taken on a color of their own. Yuck! I about fell off my chair this morning when I saw your post. Too funny. Which Sephora did you go to? I HATE rude people in retail. Makes me crazy. Anyhoo... my bathroom is sparkling, but my brushes still nees some help. Today definitely!
I personally find that if I don't wash MY makeup brushes once a month, it leaves my face feeling like I haven't shaved in a week...
LOLOLOLOL!!! aw, now... that was funny...
Here's something else funny: "Someone replaced all my pens and pencils with crayons. I suspect Jim Halpert." - Dwight Schrute
Jill- We are SO on the same blogging page sometimes ;) It was the one in Nampa. Now get off this thing and go clean those nasty brushes ;) LOL
Curt- Well, I figured as much! I was actually really looking forward to your comment on this post and rest assured, you did not dissapoint!
I really haven't used my brushes in a while....they probably need cleaned! :)
You and Jill are so funny! Make-up girls!
Just an update for those of you concerned about my nasty brushes... they have been cleaned, as well as the ice cream dish they belong in, and are drying happily in my shiny clean bathroom.
Also, my husband is weird. I have no control. I am not responsible for his strange tv quotes. I do, however, apologize. :)
Thanks for the update Jill, I can rest now.
Tried to vote, but it's not working.. I don't usually use makeup in the summer, but I don't typically clean my brush either.. Gross I am sure... :)
I feel dirty saying this but I'm not sure when I cleaned my makeup brush last. It's on the list!
Ummmmm yeah I have never cleaned any of my make up brushes...I never thought about it. That task will be on my to do list this weekend!
Post a Comment