I was going to entitle this post "Twelve post in one", but that was on Monday and I have more to write now! First off, please accept my deepest apologies for the delay in the blogs. I have no excuse. Or should I do another list. =)
Let's go back in time, shall we? I hope you have cleared your schedule for the day.
Post #1 of 48. Ella had her Birthday pictures taken last Tuesday. We get the free 8X10 from Kiddie Kandids each year. The time frame is 30 days before or after her Birthday, and I didn't want to get near the mall or Kiddie Kandids before Christmas. We had an appointment for the week before, but a certain snow storm kept us home. I hope that explains the procrastination. I'm seeing a cycle here!). So, my mom, Alli, Ella and myself went to the mall for the day. Ella did so well in her pictures. I cannot get the website with the proofs to be my friend, so I'll have to share those later. And I just have to tell you all that Alli is the best baby! She was so good just hanging out in her stroller all day! She feel asleep right before we went into the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. Which was very yum, by the way! Ella was a perfect little lady in there and in the mall too. She's turning into quite the little shopper! Alli woke up when we were just about finished and enjoyed teething on some bread. Thanks for coming Mom!
Post # 2 of 48. Cole had a fun weekend! He and Jace spent the night at my Dad's on Friday night. After going to Jace's favorite restaurant first, Sizzler. (Or Sizzle-er as they say it!) Dad and Margie also took them to the Civic Center on Saturday to check out some reptiles. They had a great time. We need to find a way to allow those two crazy boys to get some more alone time together, but with school and ALL these other kids, it's tough. They are just so crazy about each other =) I'm so glad that Cole has a cousin that he adores so much. It's one of the things that Cole mentioned when we found out that Alli was a girl- that at least he has Jace and he's like a brother. Awww....
Post #3 of 48. Since Cole was going to be away for the night, Ella had her first sleepover with her friend, Kaylee. They had a great time playing Princesses and babies, eating ice cream and watching The Little Mermaid. They played so well together. It was such a bittersweet moment watching her have a friend spend the night, she seemed so grown up! There are some pictures posted in an album on the sidebar, but here's a little sneak peak...
Post #4 of 48. Steve and Barry's. Steve and Barry's. Steve and Barry's. OMG! My new fav! Ocean and I went after work on Saturday and it was so busy that we couldn't find a parking spot, yes, at Karcher Mall, crazy! And the line to check out was so long, it was to the back of the store. SO worth it though. I'm not sure if the sell is still going on, but for their grand opening, everything in the store was $8.95. I got these jeans. And I want to get more. I got a few other things for Marty, Cole and Ella that they have been needing. I'm in love...
Post # 5 of 48. Cole was invited to a birthday party for next weekend at the bowling alley and he was a little nervous that he hadn't ever been bowling. It's something that we have been meaning to do for a long time (well, since Ella saw bowling balls being made on Mr. Rogers about a year and half ago, that is). So, we made the plans to take the kiddos on Sunday. I checked out the website for Nampa Bowl and saw the open bowling times and we were off! However, when we arrived with excited kids and a full, well rested baby, we were told that leagues were taking up all but 4 lanes, and those were taken! Maybe they should updated their website huh!! So frustrating. We were told to check back in an hour, so we stopped by the mall to exchange a couple of things from the day before. ( I was a little off in Marty and Ella's sizes.) When we called back to check, they were still full. We were determined to take the kids bowling, so we called Meridian Lanes and they had a few open. Off to Meridian we went...only to find that the lanes were full when we got there. We called Nampa again and they were very open, so back to Nampa! Are you tired yet- i sure was! Anyhow, to make a long story anything but short, we went bowling! It was so much fun! Ella HAD to have the pink ball that was way too heavy for her, but she managed. She did trip and fall over the little step though and fell face down on top of her ball and bite her tongue really bad. She got over it pretty quickly though and was up and bolwing. But it's still sore today. She acutally took a chunk out of it- sorry for that, but as PW would say "I'm just keep'n it real". Cole even got a strike! That was very exciting! Without the bumpers by the way, those lanes were all full when we got there and we weren't going to wait for one at that point! I did pretty well, if I don't say so myself! 4 strikes in two games- hey for not bowling in 6 years, I'll take it! Ella, well, we only had to retrieve her ball from the gutter about 5 times. Alli was once again, so happy to just sit in her stoller and in our arms. There are pics in the above mentioned album on the side. But here are a couple of videos of Cole and Ella bowling. And I would first like to apologize for my LOUD voice in the first one.
Yup! Their champs! I love how Cole just watches it go, he stood there for awhile. Too bad I didn't get the strike on video! He just walked back to the table, put his hands in his pockets and shrugged his shoulders like that happens to him everyday. That kid is getting "too cool" =)
Post #6 of 48. Ella and I went on her field trip to the Rollerdrome today. It was great having that special time with just her. (my mom watched Alli and she enjoyed her special time alone with her too!) At first, she was a little timid, even though we go skating every month with Cole's school. But she finally let go of me and had a blast skating with her friends. I didn't bring my camera along because it's so dark in there, the pictures don't turn out very well. I usually don't skate when we go with Cole's school because I am with Alli, but I really enjoyed skating today. Except when I fell and I was hardly even skating when i did too, just cruising along chatting with another mom. That part wasn't fun. The little kids didn't last too long skating and the rink cleared out before our time was up, so Ella and I pretty much had the rink to ourselves. There are just no words for our wonderful that moment was. We danced under the disco ball, chasing the lights and being ballerinas on skates. It's was just priceless. When we left the rink, I asked Ella where she wanted to go for lunch and she choose "my work". We went to the cafe and sat at the counter with a couple of the regular old guys who I've gotten to know, they loved meeting and playing with Ella. We shared a pancake and a grilled cheese, her choice! We need to have more mommy/Ella time.
Post #7 of 48. Cute.

I think she was trying to get down. And I promise to never do her pigtails like that again, I will put them on the side of her head for here on out.
Oh, look at that, it was only seven post in one! I know there is more that i have been meaning to blog about. Until next time...which will not be weeks this time!
3 comments:
FINALLY!!! It sounds like you have been keeping yourself really busy, but h aving fun at it!! Glad to see you resume back into the blogging world, don't stop!!
Yay! Bowling sounds like so much fun - it has been too long since we have gone!
Sounds like you and Ella had some much needed mommy-daughter time. That is great! I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to see Miss Cassie fall down! :) hee hee!
Keep it up - no more 3 week breaks! :)
Happy happy update! What great activities you've been doing. I'll have to take Abigail roller skating, I would have thought she was too little...just goes to show you how big they are getting.
It's fun bowling on the wii. Abigail does really well, if she beats Jason he's taking her out for a banana split...we play a lot ;o)
Post a Comment