I must say...I like today!

8/04/2007

What a great day I've had. The men and boys (Ella too, Marty didn't want to leave her behind!) are off camping and it's just Alli and I here for the weekend. I must admit, I have done NOTHING today and I feel great about it. =) Well, I got up, made french toast for the fam, helped get everyone packed and out the door, cleaned up a bit, then did NOTHING! I played with Alli, talked on the phone, updated my blog, had Chinese food and wine that my mom brought over, and watched some dumb TV. I was feeling great about my super relaxing day when I got a phone call from a Body Shop Sister who is in Orlando at Conference. She asked me if I had heard the news, which I hadn't. Ready for the news....I won $100 in a drawing!! WHOO HOO! I was wondering how I was going to save enough spending money for Cali and now I have plenty!! She also let me know that Body Shop will have a PLUM collection (Yea Heather!) and Roasted Chestnut for the Holidays YUM YUM! Can't wait to slather some of that all over =)

Although, now that it's getting late, I am sitting here mentally going through my to do list and wishing I would have emptied the dishwasher, done laundry, cleaned out my dresser and closet, washed the bedding, put photos in the album, painted the letters for the kids room...Stop Stop Stop!! Why do we do this to ourselves? I had a great day, a day all about me and I must say...I like today!

(I do wish my kiddos were all snug in their beds though so I could go cover them up and kiss them before I head to bed)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Days to ourselves are the best aren't they!! Excited to hear about your California Vacation coming up, that'll be great!!