I'm so excited right now, I don't know where to begin!!
On labor day weekend, me, myself and I are going to see...
Karrie!
(My roommate from college)
We have seen each other a few times here and there over the years, but only for a few hours each time, so this is quite the treat! I haven't been away from home for 3 years and it will be so nice to get away by myself for a few days. Sounds selfish, doesn't it? I wish we could take a family vacation or go somewhere just Marty and I, but the budget doesn't allow for that.
A little history for you all...Karrie and I met in Twin Falls at CSI. We were neighbors at "Paradise Place Apartments". I lived with a friend from High School and so did she, but within 3 months, it's was just her and I. We clicked right away and were really more like sisters than roommates or friends. After living together for two years, we parted ways, her in Seattle and me here adjusting to being a mommy and a wife. We lost touch for a few years (a juvenile scuffle that was a complete waste of time). But once we started talking again, I wondered how I went so long without her in my life.
Karrie moved to Hollywood about a year and a half ago and I have been dying to go see her. She lives alone is a little apartment, walking distance to everything. I don't know what came over me, but last night, I grabbed the computer, looked up plane tickets and it was a price that I couldn't pass up. So, here I'm going to California with flowers in my hair! I will be leaving Friday, August 31st at 1:30 pm, then come home Monday night at 9:00. It will be hard being away from the kids and I can't even imagine what they and the house will look like after being with Dad for 4 days! Oh well, worth every mess, and misplaced/broken item!
Karrie has some exciting little adventures planned for us- a picnic on the beach (how romantic! hee hee), a movie at a famous Hollywoodbtheater, the best slice of pizza in town much more. I am really looking forward to relaxing and spending time with my sole sista!
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you! I hope you come back refreshed and relaxed....have fun!
Oh my gosh! That sounds like SO much fun! I'm totally jealous, but happy for you. Way to take initiative and do something just for you!
YAY! I am so glad you are giving yourself this gift! Enjoy your time!!
Post a Comment