Our week in Wyoming

4/13/2009

I am so glad that we went to Wyoming last week. It was nice to see where my husband "lives" (LOL) and to get away from normal life for a few days. The drive there seemed to fly by. We left here at 7:45 on Tuesday morning and arrived between 3 and 4. We stopped a few times for bathroom breaks and to stretch our legs. The DVD came in handy for Alli when she got really restless. Ella stayed busy played tea party, coloring and playing with her baby. While Cole and I played a few games...I Spy and finding as many different licence plates as we could.



We met Marty at the office/shop then followed him "home". I love the house they live in. It's an older home that has been remodeled. But it still has many of the original items, such as crystal doorknobs and a skeleton key lock- the kids loved that!

I want to do this with our kitchen!

We has a relaxing evening just hanging out as a family.
Marty did have to work during the day while we were there. But not long hours. So we were able to have breakfast together before he left and met for lunch each day, and of course dinner too. I quickly rearranged the furniture and made the place a little homey :)
The rest of our time was filled with playing at a park we found, watching a few movies on the rainy/snowy days, helping Cole do homework while the girls colored, I made the each of the kids a new car blanket (They each choose a piece of fleece from Wal Mart and I cut and tied around the edges. I forget to take a photo, but Ella chose horses, princesses for Ella and Cole chose Tie Die, I was proud!), making Easter egg shaped Rice Krispie Treats, Cole and Ella in the fountain/pond in the front yard alot and we did doing a little shopping too. Ella somehow lost one of her shoes, leaving her with only a pair of flip flops, on the one day that it snowed of course. So we went to check out the strange mall. The city offices were in it, an anytime fitness and a dentist office. There were a few stores too, but I didn't have any luck finding shoes for Ella. We stopped by Wal Mart and it was practically empty. It was the same size as the ones here, but there were probably 50 people in the entire store. That was so nice! And I found a pair of shoes for Ella for $1! WHOO HOO!

We took a little drive to Green River (12 miles away) to play by the river for an afternoon. We had fun walking across the foot bridge that was pictured above and the greenbelt, playing on the playground, swinging on the big swing and skipping rocks.

We colored Easter eggs the night before we left, those smelled great on the drive home! Every time I would ask Cole to get something from the cooler, he would have to plug his nose. LOL


I think the most memorable part of our trip was the drive home. On the way there, we drove by the Great Salt Lake and the kids wanted to see it closer up. So, on the way home, when we approached Ogden, I searched for the Lake on the GPS. It brought up Antelope Island State Park, and was only 20 min. away. Sounded good to me! After driving through Ogdan traffic (OH. MY!), we were there. We had to pay $9 to get in and I was thinking that this better be a good park! They gave us a handful of maps and suggested that we turn the radio to a certain AM station to get info. Next thing I knew, we were on a land bridge and surrounded by water..then I got it...we were on our way to an island! It was amazing! There was a visitor center that we checked out, then we had lunch on the sandy beach and drove around and saw wild bison. I really wish we would have had more time to explore. You can camp there, hike, there is a restaurant. We'll go back for sure. It was so cool!

View from the Island. The bridge that we drove on.


Wild Bison right by our car

Marty left WY to head home about 2 1/2 hours after we did and our little detour to the Island helped him catch up to us. We met up for dinner at JB's in Burley then finally made it home at midnight. More photos in Album here.
Marty is home for the week and we really don't have much planned. We'll go back to WY to visit Marty this summer. Stay tuned for the Easter post...eggs, ham, bunnies and a trip to the Dr! :)


2 comments:

andrea said...

Sounds like a great trip! You are a super mom/wife for making a trip like that! I am sure Marty appreciated the company.

Kimberly said...

What a fun trip! I am sure it was nice for you all to go!