Tis the season for busy times! Coming soon are post on Christmas events and Ella's birthday. I'm working on editing the photos right now.
Join me as I go back to Thanksgiving...
Our Thanksgiving fun began on Wednesday. Ocean and her kids came over for breakfast and to make pine cone turkeys. Ella brought home the cutest little turkey from school and I couldn't wait to make our own. We had SO much fun sitting at the table making them...I swear the boys were there too, they weren't letting us take photos of them.
Having both of our families in town makes the holidays both wonderful and challenging because we are SO popular ;) No, seriously, we want to see everyone and that is just impossible. We usually split the day between my mom and Marty's mom. However, this year, Marty, his sister, her son and Marty's mom's boyfriend were all out of town for one reason or another. Heather, Jere and the boys had dinner with her family. So, the kids, Marty's mom and I went to my mom's for dinner. It was calm and quiet, which was nice, but it felt strange not having the usual chaos! With 3 Grandparents there, the kids really enjoyed having all of the attention on them ;) We had dinner (and saved a plate to freeze for Marty), then the kids played games with Grandpa while we cleaned up and watched the first Christmas movie of the season, Prancer.
Since Marty was out of town, this was the first time in 15 years that I didn't go shopping the day after Thanksgiving! I still grabbed a paper and looked through the ads since a couple of my friends were going. I gave my mother in law a list of a couple of things and she had luck in finding them ;) It was so hard not to go. I don't know what it is about it, but I LOVE shopping on that Friday. Heather and I decided that we will go next year...no-matter-what! I will be there at 3:00 am with my Santa hat, coffee and some annoying Christmas music! Afterall, it's tradition! The kids and I did venture out to Karcher Mall to mail their Santa Post Cards at Macy's. It was a zoo! But we found some good deals.
That night, my high school friend and college roommate, Candice, was in town with her kids. The kids and I met them at Chuck E Cheese then they stayed the night here. The kids all got along SO well and Candice and I had a blast catching up and chatting until 3 am ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment