We all have them...those little things that we do so we can get everything we need done in a day. Here are a few of mine:
- I keep my cuticle cream in the car and it on every morning while I am waiting in line to drop Cole off at school.
- On school nights, I prep breakfast the night before while I am making dinner. Example: I made french toast for breakfast this morning, but sliced the french bread and made the egg/milk mixture while the spaghetti noodles were cooking for dinner last night. Then before bed last night, I put out the griddle so all I had to this morning, was plug it in and dip the bread! Or I will grab a freezer bag full of pancakes, waffles or french toast our of the freezer since I always make about 3X the amount needed since they are so easy to freeze. Otherwise, we would have cereal every morning, and I've really noticed the kids have better days when they eat a good breakfast.
- When I get a load of laundry out of the dryer and don't have time to fold it and put it all away, I will recruit the kids to help go through the basket and find their own clothes and put everything in piles. Then they hang up their own shirts (well, not Alli!) and I fold the rest and hand them their clothes in piles, such as, jeans, jammies, undies. We can get a load of laundry put away within a couple of minutes.
Of course these things don't happen this smoothly every time, we're not perfect. Too bad Jill's blog is private because she has dedicated her blog this week to her imperfections which has not only been entertaining but also refreshing and reassuring! Thanks for not being perfect Jill ;)
I'm sure that I have more, but that's all I can think of right now! Please share yours, the more shortcuts, the better!
4 comments:
Great ideas! And way to go for taking care of your cuticles!
Thanks for the shout out! I don't mind sharing my blog with normal people, I just don't want weirdos peering into my life! If anyone wants an invite, just let me know, yo!
jilljones43@msn.com
:)
You are a wonderful mother! Just wanted to tell you that!! :c)
Post a Comment