The girls have caught the yucky bug going around. Poor Alli has it the worst, she is so stuffed up and coughing. Every time she would cough last night, she would wake up and want to snuggle with me. I love the snuggling, but her breathing is so loud being all stuffed up that I couldn't sleep. I was really worried last night when I was trying to take her temp and clean out her nose, she just sat there, so lethargic. I finally feel asleep at 3:30 this morning. The coffee pot will be running all day!
Ella has a yucky nose and a little bit of the cough, so she'll stay home from school today. She is so bummed to miss her friends, and I don't like it when she misses a day since we do pay for it (I have it figured out that it's about $10 per day, I shouldn't think that much!).
Cole is starting to get it a little bit, hopefully he won't get any worse and hopefully I get by with out at all!
Cole only has 2 days of soccer practice left and one game- good thing since it's getting so cold! I wanted to bring the bike trailer to the game last Saturday for the girls since it's all enclosed, I thought they could stay nice and toasty in there. If only you all could have seen my mom and I trying to squeeze the trailer through the back door so I could use the hair dryer to dry it off from the rain- it was a site!
Ella was looking at Cole's soccer picture yesterday and decided she wanted to play soccer again, I think she just wants her picture taken!
I'm so tired!
I need to wrap up loose ends for the Donuts with Dad event that's taking place at Cole's school this Friday (Grandpa Bob is taking Cole since Marty will not be in town). I need to close a catalog party for Uppercase Living that I've had open for 2 months. Of course I have dishes and laundry and other cleaning to do.
Marty really loves his job, I talked to him for a while last night (finally a conversation that more than 5 min!) and he sounds so happy. He said that it's the best job he's ever had. He is staring to over his fear of heights too since he had to climb a ladder 6 stories high this morning.
Of course he misses the kids terribly. This morning he said that he couldn't sleep very well because he had a dream that Ella was driving and hit someone riding a bike- I assured him that Ella wasn't going to be let loose behind the wheel anytime soon, but he was sure that it was a permission that one of the kids was going to be hit by a car, so he asked me to watch them carefully. ;) I can't decide if that is more funny or sweet!
I just found 4 tubes of chap stick in my pockets, I admit it, I have a problem. BUT, I have never had chapped lips ;)
I'll end this ridiculously random rambling post with a few fun pictures.
Cameron, Evan, and Cole- soccer buds!!
3 comments:
Yuck! Whatever is going around needs to go away! My kids have it too!
I am glad that "Nasty" is liking his job. I am sure he misses you as well as the kids though! :0)
Hopefully you will be able to catch up on your sleep soon! Let me know if you need help with anything!
The photo shoot was a success - those are priceless pictures! I love them! That mother-daughter(s) bond has got to be awesome!
I agree with Kim, I am sure that Marty is missing you too. Only a few days to go and he'll be home to see his kiddos! How is Ella's "Daddy comes Home" chain going? Is she still counting the days?
Cuteness.... sorry you're having a hard time with sick kids. Lucas has already had it and then he gave it to me. Yucky stuff! Thank goodness for caffeine, huh?
Post a Comment