When I was pregnant with Alli and a Consultant with The Body Shop, I won an all expenses paid trip to Vegas. It was to be a luxury weekend: a trip to the Spa; spending money; dinner at the best places. The only problem was that the trip was scheduled on the day I was induced. ;( Talk about bummed. I kept the whole itinerary because when Alli turns 21, so owes mama a trip to Sin City!! The Body Shop people were so sweet that they sent me a box full of product, a gift card and a gift certificate to Two Rivers Day Spa. After reading the Spa Menu, I had almost decided on a massage. However, I assumed that after the massage I would be so relaxed and calm and when walked back through my front door into the chaos, it would all disappear. So opted for a hair cut and pedicure. I was also a little self conscious about the massage itself.
Anyhow...
Last night, my dear friend Angela, offered to take me to dinner since we have been wanting to catch up and have both been a bit stressed lately. I met her at her house and on the way to dinner she said "I hope you have some time to kill because I booked us a massage at 8:00". I was speechless! And when I told her I hadn't ever had a massage, she almost drove off the road! ;) We had a great dinner at White Water Pizza in Meridian and enjoyed just sitting and chatting for while and were off to Massage Envy for our hour of relaxation.
After the massage, I felt really good. But I was thinking to myself how I probably wouldn't spend money on something like regularly because I still felt some tension in my neck (I had a bad headache all day) and still wasn't able to turn my mind off. But then the morning came and I slept like I did before I had kids. And I repeat. Slept like I did before I had kids. I'm SOLD! I usually don't sleep well at all, so this is huge for me! I woke up feeling so refreshed and ready for the day. ;) I am going to have to start a massage fund.
I cannot express how thankful I am to have a Angela surprise me with such a treat. I'm sure that her our chatting and laughing contributed to my good nights rest as well. I'm one lucky girl to have a good friend like her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~1996~
~2008~
4 comments:
Cass-
Can't believe you've never had a massage done?? I didn't know that about you. And your picture from 1996 is so darn cute of you! You are lucky to have such a good friend.
julie-
Fun stuff!! I'm totally jealous - I have never had a massage, and sleep doesn't come easy for me either, unless it's a drug induced coma courtesy of Tylenol PM! Sounds like you girls had a wonderful time... hooray for great friends!
Yea aren't they great, now the interesting thing would be to get Marty to do that and be relaxed. Mick was soo funny when we did ours in May.. Looks like fun. Hope all is well. Luv ya~!~
I'm glad it worked. I don't like them, I hate being touched. I'd pick a haircut or nails painted over that any day.
I just got all caught up on your posts, I enjoy reading your blog.
Post a Comment