Reuniting Galore! Part 1

8/03/2008

Have I ever been this far behind? I think not! ;)


Seriously. I don't know who I think I am this past two weeks. It started with my 10 year high school reunion, then my friend/old collage roommate, Karrie, was home for her reunion, and another collage friend was in town for her reunion as well. (Stories to come) And if that's not enough fun and reuniting, another friend/old collage roommate, Kasie, was married in Twin Falls, so we took a little family trip there for the weekend. (story to come on that one too!) I am just not used to all of this adult fun/interaction!

Let's talk about the reunion. It was well worth the 10 months of planning. It began on Friday night (yes, the 18th of July, as in two weeks ago). Of course, with planning any event, especially a big one, there are little mishaps the day of. They weren't anything that didn't work out in the end, but it made the already nerve racking day a little more, well, nerve racking! Which lead to me not eating all day.

Oh, how could I forget, we adopted a cat that day too, his name is Butterscotch. We went to PetCo to get some mice for the snake (I know, gross, but they aren't alive) and Ella said "Mommy, look at the kitties" and it was all over. This little guy just belonged with us. We paid for him and he went to a foster home until Sunday when all of the reunion events were over and we would be home to help him out. I had some great photos of him, but they somehow were erased, so you'll just have to use your imagination for now on what a 9 month old, long hair, orange kitty looks like. He's the most cuddly little kitty I have ever met and he's home ;)

Okay, we are still on Friday. Our first event was at a bar in Meridian, a re-meet and greet, and I had planned on taking a cab home. However, it's turns out that I have a family member who works at the hotel we were using for the reunion, and I was offered a family rate. And that family rate was so good that it was less expensive than I would have paid to take a cab back here. So lucky me, I was able to stay at the hotel on Friday night- all by myself ;) Since Marty and planned to stay at the hotel on Saturday night, he stayed home with the kids on Friday so we wouldn't have to try to get a sitter two nights in a row. The kids and I met Marty there right when he got off work on Friday to let the kids swim. Believe it or not, it was their first time ever in a hotel. They had a blast swimming...




Well, Cole and Ella did, that is. I think Alli was tired. I ran upstairs to get ready while they finished swimming.

The plan was that a friend, who was also on the planning committee, would pick me up at the hotel then I would take a cab back to the hotel (Always playing it safe when it comes to drinking and driving- I hope you all do too!). I was all ready to go,


then came the mixed emotions; excited and nervous. I went down to the lobby to wait for Katie and have a drink. Well...that one drink suddenly turned into 3 since Katie was late due to something out of her control and me tyring to calm my nerves a bit. Katie felt so bad for being late that she brought me a to-do drink, then when we got to the bar, a few friends had some shots waiting for us. Isn't that sweet!? Before anyone even arrived, I was ready to go "home". I just felt so sick. But I did see some people that I was hoping to see and lasted long enough to talk a few of them. And I was back at the hotel, not feeling well at all, by 11:30. I'm SO cool ;)

Angela and I - LOVE this one!
I found Marcie! I was so excited, maybe that's why I am strangling her!


Clarissa, Melissa, Me and Katie- part of the planning committee.

The next morning, Marty brought the kids to the hotel so we could get ready for round 2 of the reunion- Family Picnic at the park. It was rough at first, but I "woke up" around noon and had a great time catching up with everyone, showing off my family and meeting theirs.






We attempted to get a class photo ;)

After staying to help clean up, Marty and I came home and my mom met us here to stay the night with the kids. We were off to the hotel and got ready for the main event: the banquet .We had the courtyard rented, as well as the ballroom and it was a perfect evening. We ended up having a little get together in a friend's hotel room after the ballroom had closed down, just talking and catching up until almost 3:00 in the morning! It was a good thing that we were able to sleep in the next morning!





We went to breakfast with some friends, then came home to rest for a bit and were off to pick up Butterscotch and go to Garrett and Tyler's birthday party! A long weekend!

Thank goodness this only happens every 10 years, all of this reuniting is tiring.

Still to blog about:

  • Alli is 17 months old! (hint hint...everything is a purse!)
  • Cole goes to basketball camp
  • Reunion weekend #2- Karrie is here! (Another late night)
  • More reuniting- Kristi came to Nampa! (Lot's of catching up to do from the past 6 years)
  • Ella chooses a {GASP} red outfit for the first day of school. RED, as in NOT PINK!
  • Reunion weekend #3/ Family Trip to Twin Falls (Swimming, wedding, hiking, fun!)
  • School starts in 2 weeks! (AAHHH)

Now let's see if I can do it all! Mygoal is this week, should we start a poll? That's a joke, no voting, please. PTA meetings start tomorrow! Wow...summer has just flown by.

3 comments:

~Four Tully's~ said...

Your're just full of fun and exci ting things, aren't you... Looks like a lot of fun..

Heather said...

Oh, I love the pictures! You look amazing in that photo of just you - you beautiful girl, you!

Can't wait to hear about the RED outfit! I am still in shock - does this mean I need to find her a Red purse now? :)

Kimberly said...

Fun post! I am a little bummed I missed out on the reunion. Maybe next time! :0)