We took a little family vacation to Twin Falls for my friend, Kasie's, wedding the first weekend in August and it's taken me this long to post about it!
Marty worked a 1/2 day on Friday and we were on the road (after a stop at McDonald's of course, what's a road trip with out McDonald's- you know it's true!)at about 1:30. We were able to drive straight through and arrived at our hotel at about 3:30. It it a very new hotel and SO nice. A good choice for the kids' first time staying in a hotel! It was s very fun weekend, here is a recap of the highlights.
Friday
Swimming- we were in the pool not 15 minutes after arriving at the hotel. It was a really nice pool and most times, we had it all to ourselves.
-Back to the room to get ready to meet my friend Julie and her son for pizza at Gerties. Such a great place to take the kids. It's similar to a buffet, but they bring the pizza around to you. Marty and I's favorite was the sauerkraut pizza- don't knock it till you try it! ;) I'm so bummed that I didn't take any pictures- it was a little too crazy!
-Drove around Twin, showing the kids where I used to live. Isn't going back to somewhere you used to live such a strange feeling? I took a couple of photos for Karrie- it was quite the blast from the past!
-Back to the hotel with two sleeping girls and one boy anxious to swim again! I stayed in the room with the girls while the guys went back down the pool (Thank goodness it's 24 hours!). Ella did wake up for a bit and we had a fun laying in bed, watching TV and taking funny pictures!
Saturday
- I am considering investing in some blackout shades that hotels have, the kids slept until almost 9! I woke up at 7:45 and needed to straighten my hair (which was pretty fried when we came home since I usually wash it 2-3 times a week and with all of the swimming that we did, I had to wash and straighten it 4 times in one weekend!), so I was ready to go when they woke up. The breakfast buffet ended at 10, so we hustled downstairs with the kids in their jammies, only to find all of the other kids in their jammies too- it was so cute! But let's talk about this breakfast bar! Oh my, oh my! Biscuits and gravy, sausage, oatmeal, lattes, made to order waffles, omelets, pastries, fruit bar- the works! So great for the kids!
-Back to the pool! I ran to Target (with everyone else in Twin Falls, apparently, it was so busy) to get Kasie's wedding gift-one less thing to pack!
-Up to the room for lunch
-Adventure to the canyon. Julie told me about a new restaurant, that lies right along the canyon ridge- it was so cool! I can't wait to go back and have a meal there. They had water fountains and a balcony that goes right out over the canyon...
(look at the road behind us, isn't that cool!?
-Down into the canyon. Took a hike up the a rock that goes partially in the water. Found a cool cave (it was deep too, we through a rock in and couldn't hear it land) and a friendly lizard. It was H-O-T, but so fun!
(Canyon Crest restaurant where the above photos were taken)
-Back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.
-It was beautiful! Kasie was gorgeous and her parent's yard where the reception was held was dream like. Cole found a few friends and a little ditch full of water skippers and snails. The girls found the bubble machine and the dance floor. Marty and I found the food and the drinks. We were all pretty happy ;)
Sunday
-Breakfast, swimming, checking out.
-Back down to the canyon to let the kids play on the playground
- Made a quick stop at Malad Gorge for lunch, then home sweet home!
Did I break a new record of most photos in a single post? I will have more in an album soon! I'm off to help set up for Cole's meet the teacher night!
1 comments:
I'm so glad you guys were able to go on a vacation this summer - even if it was just to Twin! :)
Your friend looks so pretty! I love the one of her and Ella.
Post a Comment