~ I would read this entire post!
~ I would NEVER, EVER make a turkey on a weekday. I now understand why turkey's are made on Holidays. There isn't any laundry to do; phone calls to answer; neighbor kids stopping by; husbands coming home from work with a migraine that he's had for 2 days and going straight to bed. There aren't any baseball practices to go to; sick babies; (well, I guess there are even on Holidays); beds to take apart, move, put together; yard sale items to take to a friend's house. Yep...that was our night.
I don't know what everyone means when they say how easy a turkey/roast chicken is to make. The putting it in the oven part is easy, but the gravy make'n, bone pick'n, roasting pan wash'n is no easy task ;) It was sure good though. (well, with a lot of the super salty gravy since it was so dry. Because I was preoccupied with laundry and forgot to set the timer). The mashed potatoes were good too. (well, the top half of the pan, that is. Because I turned the wrong burner on high as they were staying warm in their pan and scorched the bottom half of the pan because I was tending to the sick baby.) The milk we drank was very good though.
After all of that, we ate a little later than planned. When we arrived to Cole's baseball practice, I had a second to look at myself and realized that I had turkey "stuff" all over my shirt. Classy. And to add to that, the turkey carcass sat on the counter until 9:00. YUCK! Marty was busy putting the girl's beds together so they could go to sleep and since Alli wasn't feeling well, I sat in the chair holding her while she feel asleep and the carcass just sat there. I write all this with a smile, because really, what was I thinking by making a turkey on a busy weeknight?
~But I would invest in this. I have it left over from my Body Shop at Home kit and I only use on it on days like today. It smells like walking into a day spa and after using it, I feel like I just left one. It's F-A-B!
~ I would wish Andrea a very Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a great day!
~I would take a look at these random pictures...
Alli in her big girl bed ;( I am so happy that she feel asleep while I was rocking her tonight, it sure made the first night a cinch!
The Girl's do this everyday. This chair is Alli's favorite (it used to be in her room) and when Ella sees her sitting in it watching Baby Einsteins, she always has to join her! It just melts my heart watching them form such a special bond.
~Congratulate yourself for still reading this because not only do you get to see this little treat... ...but I will draw a name for a $5 gift card to the coffee house/eatery of your choice for answering this question. How old was I in this HILARIOUS picture?
** A winner will be choosen on Sunday!**
8 comments:
I'll put you at 17.. but let's see if you get THIS little tid-bit... You look like Earl's sister (from my name is Earl). Let me know if you know WHY I say that...
ummm...this is a TOTAL guess....you were 15.
That pic of the girls sitting in the chair is so cute! And Alli sleeping in her big girl bed - precious...ahhhh....
I know why you look like Earl's sister! And I'm guessing 16 in the NOT all that hilarious! Great post by the way. :)
Curt- I don't who she is!! But that doesn't sound like a compliment ;)
And will anonymous please reveal themselves??
Thanks for playing!
Earl, from MY NAME IS EARL... You look like his sister...
I love that picture! Well I was going to say 15 or 16 but those were taken. How about 14? Or is that too young?!? I will stick with 14.
All I can say is, you were the age that you recall saying " I was drunk the whole time." Am I right...
And thank you for the birthday wish and the card. You're sweet..
Of course I would know this!!! You're 14! Can I say who you're standing next to? Te he he...
This is Tif by the way!
Post a Comment