In the previous post, I mentioned phase 1, 2 and 3 for changing the kiddos room. They all became phase 1 this weekend! We moved everyone and everything on Sunday. It took much longer than we had expected, about 9 hours. Our first step was to remove all of the toys from Ella's room. OMG! We couldn't even walk through the living room, it looked like a toy store had exploded!! I don't understand how one little girls can acquire so much in just 4 years! Cole's bed was the most time consuming, taking 2 hours total is take apart and put back together. Marty's mom wanted us to come over the evening and we weren't even close to being finished, so Marty took the kids over there so I could stay here to focus and get it all done. It went pretty quickly by myself.
Cole is back in his "old room" and it looks great! Everything is already on the walls too ;) The cat is happy too, that was "their room" and she has been trying to hang out in there for the past year with Alli, but is just wasn't the same!
The girl's are sharing a room and that is going really well. Alli has always been so easy going that I thought it would be alright. There isn't a lot of extra room in there with the 2 dressers, the double bed and the crib, but since all of the toys are in the new play/toy room, it's all good! We plan to put the daybed in Ella's room as soon as I get the store for bedding for it and when Marty has the time to put it together.
The play room is going to be a fun project. There are so many possibilities and I'm excited to "play"with it! I want to do some fun colors on the wall and get some more cubbies and shelves. I am most looking forward to making a little "princess/dress up" corner. Good thing it's yard sale season. Heather and Tyler stopped by this morning and Ella and Ty broke in the play room- it is going to be so nice to have the "mess" on the other side of the house.
We even rearranged the living room a tad so we could put the rocking chair that was in Alli's room in there. It doesn't match at all, but it sure is comfy! A lot of toys and other unwanted items ended up in the garage throughout all of this, so we are cleaning out the garage this weekend and will bring everything we don't need to my friend's yard sale in a coupld of weeks.
I am so happy that we made this decision to have the girls share a room right now. When we first found out that Alli going to be here, I knew that I didn't want to have Cole and Ella share a room and I didn't want to try putting a newborn in the either of their rooms. So, we built that little room for Cole,m but I haven't liked Cole being on the other side of the house. And he was a little squished in there. It was so fun checking on the them the first night, it reminded me of when it was only Cole and Ella.
It just makes sense to have everyone where they are now. The past couple of months, Ella and Alli have formed a special bond. When Alli sees Ella running through the house, she will stop whatever she is doing and run after her so she won't miss anything ;) They love the hold hands in the car across the aisle. They have a special little scream that they do together. Ella just wants to be with her all of the time. She puts her chair next to hers at the table. She wants her to sleep with her in her bed. She wants to be dressed alike and today, she said that they are "best twins". ;) I am just so happy that they have each other and Cole too- he has had a special bond with Alli since before she was even born. And he loves to read to Ella and give her math test. I can't wait to watch them all grow up together and experience all of the memories they are making.
Mission Accomplished!
5/27/2008
Posted by Cassie at 5/27/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! That's a lot of work for one day! I bet it feels good to have it all done though! Can't wait to see it!
Sounds like all that hard work was well worth it! I am glad you were able to make it all work out! Can't wait to come and see it..
Post a Comment