Happy Mother's Day

5/11/2008

I hope that all of you mommies out there had a great day! Marty woke me up with breakfast in bed, Ella painted and drew me some great cards and Cole planted me a sunflower. He even called my friend, Kaia (who is a master gardener) to ask her how to plant it! How sweet is that?

We just wanted to spend the day relaxing as a family, so we packed up some BBQ goodies and headed out the Lake Lowell. The last time we were there, they had BBQ's in the park, so we didn't bring one. Well, times change and there were no BBQ's. So, Marty drove to my mom's house and borrowed Don's portable grill (Thanks!). The kids and I had fun while he was gone playing frisbee and taking silly pictures.


We had so much fun with this tree! There are more in the Smile Box below ;)



What's better than a boy with is dog?

Not the best picture, but is it just me or do we really look alike here?

When Marty got back, the wind started blowing so bad that we packed up and ate our burgers in the van. I have never loved that van more ;) It was messy and crowded, but a memory in the making!!

(Not sure what she is doing here with her face and her hands, but this is where the picnic took place!)

It was nice to get home and get cleaned up (the kids played in the water- brrr and I walked around barefoot and had sap on my feet- eww).

Here's a Smile Box with some pics for today, I am very excited about some of the shots that I was able to get. I LOVE the close up of Ella, the ones in the trees and the one of Cole facing the lake will be framed for sure! Take a look (I'm not sure if the music will play, but make sure your sound is on just in case, it's pretty!)

** Smilebox has been removed***

I have been telling Marty how badly I wanted a certain hat at Target for a few weeks and on the there, he hold me to run in and get it- yea!

(It's green camo, by the way, I guess a B & W shot wasn't the best, but I think it's a funny picture)

And now he is detailing my van as part of my Mother's Day gift. It looks brand new! I couldn't ask for a better day. Being a mother

Here are A couple random pictures that didn't fit in the Smile Box, but I had to share.

Yes, I reminded him to take his medication after this ;)

Now it's time to eat some yummy spaghetti, drink a glass of wine and watch Desperate Housewives with my husband who has spoiled me so today!


5 comments:

~Four Tully's~ said...

Oh what a fun fun day!! Your hubby looks great in the "manly" picture! Glad you two had a good day together with your beautiful family!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! This is Kim's sister, Andrea. Hope you don't mind that I took a peek at your blog. Maddy has been talking about Ella everyday since Kylee's bday party. She had so much fun with her!

Sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day. I love that first picture you posted of Ella. So cute!!

Jill said...

Lovely! The smilebox was way cute and fun and the music was perfect. I love the close up of Ella too - you are a pretty good photographer! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Mother's day! Sounds like a wonderful family day. You took such cute pictures of the kids.

You look adorable in your new hat!

Heather said...

I love the pics of the kids! You took great pictures!

What a great day!