update

4/10/2008

Thank you to everyone who gave me an idea for Cole's eczema =)

I spoke with his Dr. and she informed me that if it were a food allergy then he would have breakout's all over his body and his is only on his legs. So, I ruled that out. I did, however, talk to Cole about the trigger foods that he needs to limit. Eggs, Strawberries, OJ, oranges, tomatoes, and milk. Poor Cole cried when I told him that. Those are seriously all of his favs and without eating meat, it really limits him. So, I let him know that I am not telling him that he can't have those foods, but if he decides to then the consequence will be a breakout, so it's up to him. I will be there to remind him. But to help him not feel so alone, I explained that I love french fries, but eating them makes me gain weight, so I limit it. Same thing with Dad and beer- he likes it, but if he has it he will get sick. I think this is going to be a great lesson on natural consequences and making the right choice.

As far as creams to go on his skin, I chose products from the Aveeno collection. We got the bath oil, Oatmeal bath, body wash and lotion. They have oatmeal in them and the lotion on menthol as well so it cools on contact, he loves that. It's only been 2 days, and its helped significantly. I spoke with the school nurse and I brought in a tub of cream for him to go use on his bad days, rather than scratch and itch at school.

I feel like we are getting it under control and we are both learning a lot about it. And by the way, Ella says that he skin itches too because she has "astczemali" too ;) Thanks again.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I hope it works for him..poor kiddo!

The ducks are just so stinkin' cute!

~Four Tully's~ said...

Love the comparison of the french fries and beer, that's classical! :) I hope he starts to have relief soon!!