Remember the "Career Day" I mentioned that Cole's school was doing on Halloween? Well, it was really just a great excuse to allow the first graders a way to dress up for Halloween. I remember wearing my costume to school, walking around from class to class in the costume parade, and having a class party that consist of SUGAR! Times have changed in 20 years, haven't they? Oh well, at least the teachers found a loop hole this year.
I had it all planned...I asked Cole what he wanted to be when he grew up and his answer was an Electrician. How perfect! Marty could take him into the garage, grab some tools, put them in a tool belt for him and off to school my little electricians could go! Until Monday night at dinner when Cole told me that he couldn't wait to dress up as an astronaut! WHAT?! That was sure news to me. I attempted to explain to him that there wasn't time to put together an astronaut costume. And then came the tears. Through all the tears, I was able to figure out that all of the kids had drawn pictures of what they were going to dress up as and he drew one of the astronaut. He was so afraid that everyone would laugh at him if he didn't come as what he had drawn. What's a mom to do? This one grabbed the computer with one hand and the phone with the other and so the search begun! By the end of the evening, I had the idea, and off to bed I went in preperation of the running around the next day. My first stop was to my Mother In Laws at 8:30 am to pick up a helmet and tape and it ended at Heather's at 10:00 pm to make the air tanks and put the finishing touches on the helmet.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who helped!!!
Here's what we put together in 24 hours!
After getting home from Heather's with the costume, it was time to prepare for our festive Halloween breakfast while Marty sewed on the patches to Cole's costume. =)
I put spider webs all around the kitchen table and decorated it with Halloween plates, candles and pumpkins. I woke the kids up on Halloween morning with my witch hat on and a candle in my hand. Cole thought it was great, but Ella was afraid of the fire. Poor thing, but hey, Halloween is supposed to be scary! Anyhow, the breakfast turned out great! I wish I would have known how cute the little Jack-O-Lantern oranges would be, I would have made them for the kids school parties. I'll have to remember that for next year. The pancakes too cute too, this is the best pic that I could get.
After our yummy breakfast, Cole put on his astronaut costume and Ella transformed into Cinderella... Ella's party at school was too cute. They were all dressed up and went trick or treating around the Rec Center.
After her party, I went to Cole's class for his party, but BAD MOMMY forgot her camera! A good mommy who did remember her camera took some pics for me and plans to email them to me.
After school, Ella was once again magically transformed into Cinderella, Cole a vampire and Alli Jane, a ballerina.
We made our rounds to see family...
Then off to Trick or Treating around our neighborhood and it was so fun! They were a few houses that were really scary! I was even scared- they did a great job!
We were home a little after 8:00 to hand out treats to fellow Trick or Treaters, eat a little of the Jack-O-Lantern Pot Pie (which was good and cute! But no pic, my camera battery was very dead at that point!), and off to bed the kiddos went! I light all of the candles in the house, poured a huge glass of wine and Marty and I watched a scary movie. It was a great Halloween!!
Time now to let the Holiday's begin! My Halloween decorations are down and Thanksgiving ones are up. I can't wait for some Turkey then CHRISTMAS! Yea! I bet Jill already has her tree up ;) Okay, I admit it, I do have one Christmas item out!
4 comments:
this was a really fun post! Alli looks so cute smiling in the ONE picture you got of her! ;) And, I don't have my tree up - YET! Curtis thinks it's going to wait until after Thanksgiving, but he goes to work almost everyday, soooo... what? Like he is going to UNdecorate? Please! haha! I win.
Wow, does it really get that busy when the kiddos are in school? Way to go, you're a GREAT mom!
oh my gosh... there's ANOTHER Christmas Psycho mom??? *sigh... UGHHH!!!
longest post EVER! Holy cow!
It was a lot of fun helping out with Cole's costume...love those crafty times we share! :)
Post a Comment