The Great Pumpkin Post

10/28/2007

It's been a week full of pumpkins!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE PATCH

It began with the a trip to the Pumpkin Patch on Tuesday night. The kids had a blast going through the maze and taking the hayride. We went right before sunset and it was beautiful! Pics...

If Alli were in this pic, it would be Christmas card-able!








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE MUFFINS!

This morning, I finally made the 100% whole wheat pumpkin muffins that I have been wanting to make for a couple of weeks. I put cranberries in 1/2 and chocolate chips in the other 1/2. They could use more flavor, the whole wheat flour is a little over powering, I'll make them again and play with them. But warmed up with butter, they are tasty! They will be great hearty, healthy, festive breakfast for us this week! (and I must say that I was pretty excited that mine looked just like her pic! That's always a plus!)




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE CARVING

After our late breakfast, Marty's mom, Rheanon and Isaiah came over to carve pumpkins. Once again...pics!



Don't worry ya'll, it's a safety knife!

One little taste was enough for her! EEWW


Isaiah had loved painting his pumpkin (he borrowed an out shirt of Ella's to paint in)

I'm starting realize what bad parents we look like. One kid has a knife, one is eating pumpkin guts and the boy is wearing a pink shirt! Funny.

They all did them all by themselves! Isaiah painted his, Cole drew a face and then we helped him cut it out and Ella painted hers PINK PINK PINK!!! She was so intense white she was painting it, she sat in the chair for at least 20 min. making sure that there wasn't a single spot of orange on it!



100% ELLA! A pink, kitty pumpkin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE LAST THOUGHT

We took the kids to a birthday party at Planet Kid on Saturday and I snapped this great pic!




3 comments:

Roni said...

Glad you liked the muffins! They are missing something! I need to make them again and experiment too!

Heather said...

Cute pictures! They look like they had so much fun! :) I LOVE Ella's pumpkin - my favorite color too!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I guess a pumpkin muffin with chocolate is better than a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie for breakfast...;o)
Hey what are you doing on Thursday?