Warning....I'm back!! Thanks to Curtis that is for fixing my computer this weekend...IOU!!! It's runs great, everything is the correct size and I'm not typing side to side. =)
Fun Fun Fun weekened!!! It really began on Thursday night since Cole didn't have school on Friday.
A friend was telling me about the Blue Ribbon Artisan (href="http://www.blueribbonartisans.net/1689761.html") (by the way, I'm not sure if I can do the fun links like some of you do on blogspot, but if you know how I can, let me know!) in Meridian that has wine and cheese tastings every Thursday night, so Kristen and I checked it out. We had samples of 3 different kinds of wine and they helped us pair cheeses with them. If you like fancy smancy cheese, this place is a must! We had 2 different kinds of blue cheese- so good, brie -tasted a bit like old socks to us, cranberry, garlic and more. The wine was all pretty good too, I acutally tasted a red wine that I like, a first for me. We just weren't ready to stop chatting when we noticed they were closing, so we headed across the parking lot to Red Robin and stayed there until they almost closed! I love hanging out with Kristen, we always have so much to talk about, but mum's the word on our topics ;)
On Friday, Tiffani (who is in town) came over with her kiddos and played! Cole and Ella played so well with her daughter, Gillian, (imagine that!) while Alli and Bowen started at each other. It's so crazy that we ended up having our kids so close together. Her daughter is 6 mo. younger than Cole and her son is one week younger than Alli, she's just missing an Ella! Anyhow, it was so fun see each other and be mom's together! But that just wasn't enough, so after being mommies together for a bit, it was time be just us! It just so happened that Kim was having her birthday dinner at Cafe Ole that night! I was going to try to surprise Kim with Tiffani, but she's a smarty and figured it out! The dinner was a BLAST. We went to school with everyone there and had a few memories to share. I'm ready to go out with them again! Our waiter, Juan, has probably given his two weeks notice after dealing with us crazies, but it makes a great story for us! He never did give Kim her bday photo, so we really should pay him a visit!

Saturday began with a rainy soccer game at 9:30 for Cole, but the boys played well anyhow. Cole is a great player, he really understands the concept of working as a team and focus well during his games. I think he'll play soccer for awhile. We came home for a bit between games and the cold, rainy day called for soup! Since I didn't have a computer, I had to use cookbooks and I'm so glad that I did- I found a great Corn Chowder recipe, let me know if you want it!
Just when we think that her games are as entertaining as they can get, each week outdoes the prevoius one! Let's see...we were playing another team with blue jersey's and that's just too confusing for 3 year olds. Since it was chilly out, all of the players had a long sleeve shirt on underneath, so off came the jerseys, which left Ella playing in a pink shirt- how fitting for her! Ella is so hilirous (her new favorite word, by the way) when she plays that it should really get it's very own post. We really thought that after watching Cole and Jace play for 2 years, and after playing in the back yard too, she would have understood the game. But, she gets's so shy and sad when another player takes the ball from her. She prances around the field on her tippy toes and has probably kicked the ball 4 times in 3 games. She follows behind her teammates, stands by the coach, frowns when someone takes the ball from her, says she needs a drink of water, tells us she doens't want to play any more. I don't get it! But we'll finish out the season and see how she does. Anyhow, with the wet grass, the kids were falling left and right, tripping over eachother and the ball. That, along with everyone cheering when Ella even runs would give anyone a side ache from all of the laughing. We went over to Jace's game after Ella's and it was great to see a real game again! Jace is a great player- he's such a natural out there!

Ella and I went to her friend, Kaylee's, princess birthday party after her game and it was just too cute! All of the little girls were dressed to the nines in their princess attire. She had a lot of fun. We all crashed pretty early after such a long day.


We all did some serious, much needed sleeping in on Sunday and vowed to have a slow passed, lazy day. And we did quite well! I edited some pics on the computer, made banana nut muffins to have for breakfast this week, (http://weightwatchen.com/2007/08/100-whole-wheat-banana-nut-muffins.html) put out fall decorations, played with the kids, and made chicken noodle soup for dinner. (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_18871,00.html?rsrc=search)
Have a great week!
2 comments:
You are SOOO good!! You have a busy life and I absolutely love reading about it! And, you inspire me to try new recipies! I'm gonna find a not-so-banana-y recipe to try. YAY FALL!
Which Juan?!? That was such a fun night! Thank you for coming! I still need to get you your birthday gift! Sounds like you had a great rest of the weekend as well~I LOVE lazy days!!
Post a Comment