Take my breath away...

7/13/2007

I just love it when the kids say or do something that just amazes me or makes me crack up and yesterday, I was fortunate to get both!!



#1: We usually eat creamy Peanut Butter here, but I bought some crunchy for everyone to try out, because that's my fav! I was making Ella some toast with PB on it and Ella asked me if I could take out the junk. I asked her to repeat that a couple of times, trying to figure out what she was saying until Cole informed me that she wanted to junk out! After laughing so hard that I was in tears and my side hurt, I kindly let her know that it's "chunks" in the PB, not "junk" and the chunks are just peanuts- she ate it and loved it!! Can you blame her though, I woudn't want to eat any junk either!!



#2: Later...I was feeling overwhelmed with everything that needed done (what's new huh!) and Cole asked me if I would play basketball with him and I told him that I couldn't because I had lots to do. He said "4 hands are better than 2 mom, I'll help you" It was one of those sweet things that just took my breath away! He let me know that he learned it from Berestain Bears and and that if everyone pitches in to help, then we can all play sooner! So wise for a 6 year old! I didn't even have to point out what needed attention, he said "I'll do the dishes and take out the trash mom". And he did and then we had a great time playing basketball! (By the way...coming soon is the blog about Cole losing his first tooth- I haven't downloaded the photos yet!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet kids! They say the funniest things. I am always wondering what is going on inside those cute little heads.

Jill said...

Wow! What a sweet boy! I would drop dead if Lucas said something like that to me! Looking forward to the missing tooth pics!

Kimberly said...

so sweet!!