First off- everyone cheer.....I figured out how to post the pics in the correct spot- whoo hoo!!! It's still not perfect, but better.
Cole's first field trip for school was on Friday to the zoo. My mom watched Ella and Alli so I could go with along with him. He rode the bus for the first time- it was so cute!! I rode the bus too and all I can say is that I don't remember needing ear plugs and a sports bra on the bus =)
Cole's first field trip for school was on Friday to the zoo. My mom watched Ella and Alli so I could go with along with him. He rode the bus for the first time- it was so cute!! I rode the bus too and all I can say is that I don't remember needing ear plugs and a sports bra on the bus =)
It was great speading that time with Cole at the zoo, he was so much fun to go with! Usually, I'm busy chasing Ella around.
He loved the butterflies in the butterfly exhibit. If you haven't been, it just opened and it's so cool. There are many different kinds and if you're lucky, you'll have one land on you! Cole took this pic- he's such a little nature man!
It was one of those things that as a parent, you look forward to for years- going on a field trip for school that is!
Saturday morning, all of the guys went camping (My Stepdad, Don; Jeremy, Garrett, Jace, Marty and Cole), so just the girls (mom, Heather, Ella, Alli, myself and Tyler (whose not a girl, but a one year old!)) After we got the guys out the door, we stayed at mom's for the rest of the day. Ella and Tyler had a lot of fun together and usually, they don't really hang out! It's so great having my nephews so close and watching my kids have a special relationship with their cousins. It was fun being around Tyler so much too- he is such a funny little guy!


We had pizza at mom's house, then the kids had ice cream. It was fun just hanging out with Ella when we got home. We laid in her bed and read a book. Usually, I split the "tucking in time" between Cole and Ella and she had me all to herself that night....
So, today, Heather and I, along with Ella, Alli and Tyler went shopping. Ella needed some new shirts and she's no longer in the toddler section- she's in a size 6 in the big girl's clothes- that was bittersweet! After getting home, we cleaned the house a bit, read some more stories, and did a peppermint foot soak- that was probably the highlight of my weekend; Mother/Daughter Pampering time! Another one of those things as a parent that you wait so long for... Oops I was having such a great time that I forgot to take pics of that! I won't forget it though.
The guys are back now, so I'm off to unpack, give Cole a bath, listen to camping stories and of course... do all that camp laundry! I hope you all had a good weekend. It's a busy week this week with T Ball games, Andrea's bday dinner, Cole's Graduation/last week of school and a yard sale. So, if this isn't updated for a bit- you know I'm still alive!
2 comments:
I was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to give an update on life??? :) I know what you mean about busy, but now my busy week is over and it's your turn. :) Sounds like a great weekend.. I probably will come by your yardsale, if Clay isn't still in the tournament for B-ball.. Talk to you later.. Cute pictures, hardly recognized Tyler, he's growing so fast..
Looking forward to going out to dinner tomorrow. I know it's Andrea's birthday but I would have taken any excuse to get out and eat!
Post a Comment