Our Weekend...

5/29/2007






















(so...I haven't yet mastered how to place the photos in the correct spot, so just keep reading and you'll figure it out- sorry!)

...wasn't too busy or exciting, which is exactly what we needed! Let's see... Friday. What did we do on Friday- can I remember back that far ;) Alli had her 2 month shots that morning and she did really well. She is definitely her daddies daughter though. She's in the 75th % for her height and the 10th% for her head!! (Marty can wear a kids size hat and he's 6'3) Anyhow, since she was a little fussy on Friday, I stayed home for the rest of the day with her and went to run a few errands when Marty got home from work. I actually rented some movies- it's been so long since we have watched a movie that I thought this weekend would be a good time to do it. I had quite the experience at Movie Gallery which made me remember why I signed up for Netflix! When I walked in, there was a man with Turrets (now I know that's nothing to poke fun at, but his noises just caught me off guard); towards the back of the store, there was a man dressed in a pirate suit (pretty sure he worked there and was supposed to be promoting movie rentals outside); an affectionate lesbian couple in line in front of me; a couple breaking up in the parking lot yelling at eachother and all that in about 10 minutes! Maybe I just don't get out enough, but it was interesting! Each of those sites are just not something that we see everyday!
Saturday
We slowly prepaired for the day. Ella and I painted our nails- she let me know that we was ready to do her own. (Ella's photo should be HERE)
We headed downtown Nampa where the Farmers Market is and there was a stream engine that rolled into town for the weekend, so we checked that out too. It was pretty cool to see, but we parked a few blocks away from the train station, thinking that short of a walk would be alright. However, we didn't realize that we had to go around to the other side of the tracks. Rather than get everyone loaded up in the car again (with all 3 kids, the stroller, the water bottles, and such it takes about 15 min), we thought we would walk. It was a pretty walk at first, going over the underpass (does that make sense?). Then it was all dirt and pretty hot for about 15 min- we probably should have driven!! Of course I am fried from being out in the sun without sunscreen for an hour! (Photos of family at the train should be HERE)

We came home, put a movie on for the kids and watched "Deja Vu" (I'm not sure if I spelled that correctly). At first I didn't' like it since I had to pause it every 10 min and ask Marty what the heck was going on! What can I say...I'm a romantic comedy kind of gal! But, the more I think about and process it a bit, i can now say that it was a pretty good movie. After the movie, Marty was holding Alli and mentioned something about her hair being long enough for pigtails. Well...since Ella was almost one by the time she had much hair as Alli did when she was born, I just had to try it out! (Alli's photo should be HERE)
I know, I know...it's rediculas, but so cute!!

Then we headed off to Garrett's T Ball game. (Here's Ella on the way there!) He's so cute out there- so very proud. And he should be, he has quite the fan club in the bleachers! Alli and I went to Jeremy and Heather's that night to watch the boys (well, they were asleep) so they could go out with friends. I tried watching "Music & Lyrics", but feel asleep. I woke up to a non sober Heather stumbling in the door- it was Hilarius! They had a good time. Alli feel asleep over there at 10pm and didn't even wake up when i put her in the crib when we got home and she slept until 8am- that's the first time she's slept all night without her 5am feeding! I was worried sick when I woke up and looked at the clock! But, she was fast asleep!

Sunday




Another slow go in the morning. Marty and the kids (minus Alli) went to help a friend move and Alli and I went to the grocery store. Our friends, Shawn and Kirsten, came over with their baby, Jacob, who is 5 weeks younger than Alli. We had BBQ'd kabobs, which were SO good! We marinated a few different meats and veges and they brought the same, then we all made up our own. That's the way to go with kids- they couldn't' complain about what was on theirs since they made their own! After dinner, we made a fire in our fire pit and had some s'mores. We had a great time with them! Good thing since we had already arranged marriage for the babies =) Marty and I attempted to watch Music & Lyrics and once gain, I feel asleep!


Monday

Since Sunday was such a late night for the kids (they finally went to bed about 11p), they slept until about 9:30 and so did Marty and I! It was so nice!! Once again, we took our sweet time getting ready and went to see Marty's dad. I couldn't believe he gave me all of his Beatles's original albums. Now those are some treasures.They are worth hundreds of dollars, but they are priceless to me! I just need a record player now. Then off the the park for a picnic (well, Taco Bell, but we ate it on a blanket at the park- so that counts-right!). The kids had a great time there playing and watching the ducks. Then home, dinner and finally finished Music & Lyrics! It was a slow but cute movie. For those of you who have seen it, I can't get "A Way Back into Love" out of my head!!

There's our weekend! Thank you for whoever is still reading this after how long that was!! The best part though is how well Marty and I got along all weekend. As busy as we've been, we haven't had a lot of quality time together and for us, that usually leads to a lot of pointless bickering. So, I'm glad that this weekend was free of that! (Photo of Marty and I should be HERE)

**Don't forget about my Pampered Chef Party tonight (Tuesday) at 6:30!! **

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was sooo looking forward to today and everyones new post! I read the whole thing!!! Glad you had such a nice weekend, especially when you still like the guy you've been hanging out with allllll weekend :)

Kimberly said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend!! Cute pictures...I will the pig tails!