FINALLY! (this is long!)

5/18/2007

There's a book out there titled "I Was a Good Mom Before I Had Kids"- I haven't read it, but I can really relate to that title when it comes to photos. BEFORE I had kids, I had an old fashioned 35 mm camera. I would take pics, drop off the film, pick it up, put it in an album and enjoy! Then there's NOW...I have a fabulous little digital camera and it has many features that a 35 mm doesn't have- you all know what they are! Just one problem, I take the pics, I download them, make great slide shows and such and it ends there. When we got our first digital camera, (over 4 years ago), I did everything right. I downloaded the pics and put them on a CD, took them to Wal Mart and tried to print them off. Only, my computer wasn't formatting the CD's correctly, so the pics were all messed up. From that point on, I printed a few pics here and there, but for the most part, just put them on my computer and that was that. A little over a year ago, my computer crashed and 3 years and pictures were G-O-N-E! Since my computer was formatting the CD's weird, I did not have them backed up at all! Just my luck! So, I told myself that I would not let that happen again. I would take pics, and print them- sounds easy right...WRONG! I tried multiple websites. The problem...it takes forever to upload the pics onto their website. I tried taking my card into Wal Mart and Idaho Camera, well my kids didn't like waiting there with me for a hour or so while I edited all the pics. So, after almost a year, I thought i had the best idea...I would edit the photos at home, put it onto a CD, take the CD to the store, press one little button "Print All", and then put the photos in an album! I get the photos back and almost went into early labor I was so upset (I was about 7 mo pregnant with Alli). Apparently, since I edited the photos on software that was different from the software they were being printed on, it cropped them wrong. There were heads cut off- it was horrible! I still have them all in a closet, I need to go through them, find the ones that are bad, re-edit them, and so on! Okay, here comes the end...A friend told me to take my card to Costco and print the photos. It sounded so easy. I told myself that i would print the pics every couple of weeks and just stay caught up and play catch up later. Once again..that didn't work. You can't edit the pics at Costco- print them as is. Well, I have some red eyes and such in the pics, so I had to edit them. The guy there told me to edit them at home on the Costco Photo Organizer software ( It's free when you have a CD made from Costco), burn them on a CD and take it to Costco and print it....okay, this is really is the end this time....IT WORKED!!!! And it has only taken me 4 years to figure it out!!! I just put photos in a album. I'll eventually go back and print off photos from the past few years, but for now, I will do this at least twice a month when I make my Costco trips and probably after each event, such as a kids bday or a holiday. I could have edited a whole year's worth of photos in the time it's taken me to write this!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh...but I can sooooo relate to it! I am so far behind on printing pictures that i need to win the lottery to afford paying for it all! I should check out the Costco deal though!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got the picture things figured out. Now I know what to do. Cute site! I'm glad your blogging!!!