I'm on a role!

11/24/2008

3 post in one day- whoo hoo!!

Okay, I've been thinking of this list for a while now...things that make me feel old!

    • Not being able to have any caffeine after 4 pm or I can't sleep very well
    • The need to go to bed earlier and earlier lately.
    • Starting to like Facebook better than Myspace- Yep, I said it.
    • When I find myself turning lights on so I can see better
    • Being shocked when I found out a couple of girls Ocean and I met at the Jason Mraz concert were actually 21, I thought they were 16. Everyone looks so young to me ;)
    • Loving my mini van
    • Seeing some of my friends getting divorced. Or remarried.
    • Understanding the details of a life insurance policy.
    • Ella being almost 5.
    • Cole being almost 8 and not letting me hug at goodbye when I drop him off at school.
    • The fine lines around my eyes- UGH!
    • The grey hairs in my head. Those started when I was 23 though
    • Just writing "when I was 23..."
    • Saying "we've been friends for 15 years" or "That was about 10 years ago"!
    • Shopping for clothes and wondering if what I'm looking at is a dress or a shirt.
    • Thinking that Cole will be the age I was when I graduated high school at my next reunion.
    • Realizing that I have owned a pair of shoes for 12 years.
    • Celebrating 10th anniversaries with people whose wedding I attended as an adult.
    • Seeing people who seemed so much younger than me just a few years ago getting married and starting families.
    • Having to scroll down a few notches when I am clicking on my birth year online. (did that make sense?) ;)
    • Seeing fashion fads that were popular when I was a kid come back into style.
    • Saying "I taped that movie", when I really record it on my DVR and didn't tape it at all.
    • Remembering renting a VCR from the movie rental store and having them be almost obsolete now. And new cars not having tape players in them.
    • Having my skin all of a sudden change like it's not even mine anymore. I did some research online to find out why it was changing and I read that happens as women age. Yep...that one really did it!

What makes you feel old? Or do you feel young? I feel young a lot too, but that list isn't as fun ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the list, it's so true. We're getting old! ;o)

I had a hard time the other day telling the dentist staff I was 30 (which is an awful # to say) and then I realized in another couple months I'll have to say 31. Aghhh!

At least people say I don't look 30, I still look young even if I don't always feel it. I got something going for me. Haha.

~Four Tully's~ said...

I love the list too, when I find spare time I'll have to sit and do one for myself. Luved talking or IM'ing you last night.. Lets get together for coffee or something soon!

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh I loved this post! I laughed and can relate to most of these! How fun!