Poor little Alli, her gums are so swollen, she isn't sleeping well, she isn't eating and she can't seem to get comfortable. She is just miserable with this teething and nothing seems to soothe her. She won't even eat a nice cold Popsicle. She wants me to hold her and rock her, but she never holds still, so I try to put her down and she cries. I am hoping those darn teeth pop through very soon!!
She is, however, talking so much! She says Dog and Cat. She LoVeS Tabbi and Charli. When she sees them, she runs over to them and gives them hugs and kisses. They don't love it so much, but they tolerate it. She says Ella all of the time. It's the cutest thing ever! She will yell her name and when she finds her, she will run after her.
She also thinks that I have to be holding everything that is mine all of the time. I will be sitting down and before I know it I have everything that she can reach in my lap. To name a few...my phone, my chap stick, my shoes, blankets, pillows, cups of water (empty by the time she gets it to me), remotes and so much more. And she says "Ma-Ma" from the second she sees whatever it is she is bringing me until I have it. It's the funniest thing.
She's doing pretty well in her bed. If she isn't really tired when she goes to bed, she will usually need to go into the crib, but we move her to her bed before we crash. I love it when she wakes up in the morning, I hear her little "Pitter-Patter" from her room to mine while she says "Ma-Ma". Then I look over and see the cutest, little, tired face peaking over the bed. She climbs in with the her blankies (yes, she has 2 that go everywhere with her) and falls back asleep until Cole and Ella wake us up. It's my favorite part of the day. (Except this morning when she couldn't get comfortable and I had just dozed back to sleep when she fell right on my nose- that wasn't too fun).
***********************
Father's Day-Marty woke up with a headache and didn't really want to go anywhere, so we just hung out here. It was so nice not to have to hurry or be anywhere at a certain time. I ran to Wal Mart at one point to get his medication and a few groceries. We enjoyed playing together in the back yard and Ice Cream Cones....

Then an early BBQ-hamburgers, corn on the cob, watermelon and homemade guacamole with Ruffles (Marty's fav!). After dinner, Marty took Cole and Ella fishing. Ella went to get dressed and came out like this...

We had to ask her to change ;) She's becoming more and more of a girly girl everyday. Last night at Cole's game, she brought her purse full of goodies and ended up painting her nails during the game. So funny. Alli and I sat and rocked in the nice quiet house while they were gone. It was a great, relxed Father's Day.

3 comments:
Clever title! Love the ice cream cone pics and the fishing outfit about killed me. Too cute!
Poor girl! I hope her teeth come in soon! Sounds like you had a great Father's Day..your dinner sounded wonderful! I also loved Ella's outfit..how cute!
Good luck with the teething, poor baby.
Sounds like a great Father's day...I love just hanging out together.
Oh the joys of having a girly girl. So sweet!
P.S. I ended up signing the girls up for swim lessons at the nampa rec, thanks for mentioning it.
Post a Comment