The following is what I woke up to this morning:
Cole: "MOM! I can't find Corney!" (his cornsnake, of course)
I was laying in bed trying to work up the energy to get up while the kids were watching TV in the bonus room. Then I heard Cole panicking! Picture in your mind the way a mother acts when she loses her child, well Cole lost his child. He couldn't stop crying and screaming long enough to explain to me what happened. So, I crawl under his bed to close the heater vent, get the dog and cat out of the room and shut the door. I was trying not to panic too, I mean, there is a snake loose in my house! And Cole loves him so dearly, I was mostly worried about him being lost or getting hurt, it was hard for me to look for the snake when I just wanted to comfort Cole. After the 10th time of Cole explaining to me what happened, I understood. He was laying down on the futon, holding Corney and was so into the TV show that he didn't even notice that the sneaky little sucker slithered right out of his hands. I knew that he couldn't have gone too far and he loves to hid where it's dark, so I assumed that he would be under a pillow or curled up the huge pile of blankets that are on the floor. I started slowly taking the pillows off of the futon when Ella pounced on the futon, then Cole flung his panicked little body on the pile of blankets. AAHH!! I was hoping that wasn't end of Conry- can you imagine if the squished him! OMG! After explaining to them that they had to stand in the middle of the room and not move, I found little Corney all curled up under a pillow. Cole grabbed him and snuggled him and locked him up! I think Cole learned his lesson though. And I hope to never hear those words again!
3 comments:
Natural consequences are so much better than any other!
I'm glad that Cole & Corney are okay!
I seriously never would have thought that you would be a mother with a snake in your house.. Kind of interesting that you have those kinds of things, and I don't??? Glad he found the little guy!
Ahhh! What a good mom. I would have been too scared to even help look.
Post a Comment