It's what happens when I finally download my pictures!
#1- Alli and the headless bear.
Alli loves this bear. Marty's mom gave it to her for Christmas- it's cute little hat says "My first Christmas" and when you wind it, it plays the sweetest version of Silent Night and moves it's head from side to side. She has carried it around for the past couple of months and I was happy that she had a favorite toy. Then the head came loose, so it looks like this.
Poor little bear. Grandma got her a new one for Easter that is similar, it plays a little song and moves it's head. We'll try and be more careful with this one ;)
#2- The girl's and I had another Fun in the Sun day. It was a beautiful day in the backyard complete with the swing set, a basketball and the slide. The pics are posted on the sidebar under "March". Here's a sneak peak.
#3- EASTER! It was a busy, busy, busy day. But it was a lot of fun too! The kids woke us up about 7:30 am very excited that the Easter Bunny had come! After going on a quick egg hunt inside and playing with their goodies that the E. Bunny left, we finally dyed eggs! Then it was time to get ready and take some pictures.
My mom and Jere and Heather and the boys arrived for brunch. We had fun with our omelet bar. Although, boiling the eggs took a long time! So, we got out the skillet and did our own thing instead. Well, not me, actually, mine was almost finished and then my bag broke in the pot of boiling water! I quickly scooped it out into a skillet to evaporate the water! Mom brought some cinnamon rolls and I also made this Carrot Cake- SO good!! (easy too!)
We hunted eggs and played a little more, then we were off to Marty's mom's for Easter festivities over there. Now stay with me here...Marty's mom's boyfriend's Daughter and her family (we've known them for a long time and they have the kids the same ages as Cole and Ella, so that was fun for them!) were already there, so had the fun first and went on the egg hunt! We had a great ham dinner and the kids got even more Easter baskets! That makes 3 baskets for each child, about 100 eggs, a bucket full of candy and 11, yes, 11 stuffed animals!! My mom gave each child a Dr. Seuss book with the matching stuffed animal and Roxanne gave each one a new webkinz (love those!). We were home from Roxanne's at about 6 and I could barley keep my eyes open! The kids went outside for an hour or so, and were in bed by 7:00, we followed at around 8:00. That is so early for me!! But, I've had a headache for 3 days now ;( It just won't go away! It's not a bad one, just annoying.
Of course they are pictures posted under "Easter". I hope you all had a great one!!
Another one of those three post in one~
3/24/2008
Posted by Cassie at 3/24/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jeremy was STILL full until after the play.....that was one big omelet!
Carrott cake....ooohhh yaaaa. yummo!
Sounds like you had a busy weekend...with all that going on you even managed to sneak in some stalking time. :0)
I decided to take a quick peak at your blog too; your kids are too cute. I didn't realize your son's name is Cole, that's what we almost named our son but we went with Clay instead. Small world.
Post a Comment