That's me...I will be MIA this week! Who knew that the 2nd week of February could be so busy?
~I, also, have sick kiddos. Well, sick girls, that is. Alli has been sick since last week. She's had a little cold and an ear infection in her one year of life, but this is the first flu bug for her. Heather is my hero for welcoming us all so much when I called her on Thursday and said "Alli just got sick in the car and we are by your house, can we stop?" She was outside waiting for us and even had towel and washcloth ready. THANK YOU! Alli has been pretty fussy all weekend and tonight Ella got sick too.
Why is it always when life is the busiest that the kids are sick?
~Cole's 7th Birthday is on Wednesday. W-O-W! I am hoping to find the time to write a post about how wonderful the past 7 years of having him in this world has been for us.
Tomorrow is his day to bring cupcakes into class for this Birthday, but he requested donuts.Why? Cake is unhealthy, of course! Yes, I have explained to him that donuts are deep fried dough dipped in sugar, but he stands by his choice and I must agree that donuts are better than cupcakes! After Ella got sick tonight, I called my mom asking her to pick up donuts and stay here with the sick girls while I run the donuts to Cole's school so I don't have a repeat of Thursday in the car. Thanks mom!
Marty is taking Cole snowboarding on Tuesday night for the first time as part of his Birthday gift. I can't wait to hear all about it, I'm bummed to miss it, but this is a great time for just Dad and Son. Plus, Cole and I had a dinner/birthday shopping date last Friday ;)
On his actual birthday, we will have birthday pancakes for breakfast and he chose homemade mac and cheese for dinner.
For his birthday party, I gave him a choice of either inviting a lot of friends over here, choosing a theme, games and the works.
-OR-
Choosing one special friend (and of course his cousins) to take to the Rollerdrome. He chose Rollerdrome, andwe are going there on Sunday. It's bittersweet that he is no longer requesting a big themed party every year (His 1st was "hugs and stitches". 2nd was Elmo's World. 3rd was Firetrucks. 4th was Shrek. 5th was Batman. Sorry, birthday's tend to make me go back in time a little bit ). He is now choosing more "on location" parties. (6th was at Chucky Cheese) It makes him seem so big. On the flip side, it's gives me a chance to focus on Alli's birthday, whose only 3 weeks after Cole's.
I am supposed to attend a PTA meeting on Wednesday night, but with that being Cole's bday and Marty will be at school, I am going to ditch it to be sure he can enjoy his mac and cheese and have a special Birthday evening. I know that I'll be missed ;)
~Valentines Day I don't have any plans (that I know of) with my Valentine- just the kids’ parties. I am making this for their treats but with a little twist. I am using sugar cookie dough and putting a little bit of white or pink frosting in the center and a gummy heart in the middle. And I just got one of these, so I am ridiculously excited to bring their treats to school in it! It's a must have for any mom!
That evening, we have the second of six Love and Logic class. We took the class when Cole was 2, but we had trouble relating to it. However this time around, it's already helped us out. Marty and I are gaining more consistency with our parenting, which is our main goal with this class. I recommend it for anyone who wishes their kids came with an owner’s manual.
I am hoping that Marty goes have something planned for Valentines Day though- he does owe me from last year. I prepared a fabulous dinner for us and he came home with a horrible migraine and went straight to bed at 5:00 and didn't get up until the next morning. I know that he didn't intend to get a migraine, but that was the reason he finally went to the Dr. to get some medication. ;)
~Donuts with Dad. I am putting together an event at Cole's school on Friday morning for the students and their Dad's (or any special person). This week is bring your family to school week, so we thought that offering a free donut and coffee would be a great way to invite the Dad's into their school. (I think by Sunday afternoon after Cole's birthday donuts- in place of cake, of course -I am going to be sick of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting and thinking of donuts!)
When I volunteered to help put it together, we were expecting maybe 50-75 Dads/special people to attend. After picking up the RSVP slips on Friday, we are expecting over 200- and I'm sure we'll have more! So...I have to make a few phone calls, request more funding, and ext. I'm very excited that we are going to have such a great turn out! I'm just trying to find the time to make these changes to accommodate over twice as many as we planned for! We are also doing Muffins with Mom in March- how cute is that! And typing that just made me realize that we need to recruit some Dad's to help run that event so us Mom's can enjoy our muffins! ;)
So, we have a fun, yet busy week ahead of us! I am no longer working at the cafe, so having my Saturday's back will be nice. Working one day a week is just what I need, but with the cafe being so new, many changes occur with in the week (simple changes, such as moving the water pitcher or having to pay for our meals to eat on our breaks before ordering). I felt like I was spending half of the day trying to keep up with the changes each week. And with soccer games on Saturdays coming up right around the corner, I wasn't going to be able to stay anyhow. So, I'm a quitter ;)
I might look into other places around town where I could work one weeknight and a Sunday or something to that effect. It was nice getting out of the house with adults and making money, rather than spending it! It was also nice being able to clock in and out- unlike direct sales.
I better get some sleep, Ella just got sick again, and so who knows what the night will bring- probably not much sleep. Is anyone else having trouble with the spell check on blogger?
Happy second week of February!
1 comments:
Yes, spell check has been irritating me! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Sorry about sick girls but good job on planning fun at school! That's great!! I love that you have so much fun with your kids! :) And... after hearing the story about the cafe, I'd be a quitter too!
Post a Comment