Happy 7th Birthday Cole!!

2/13/2008

7 years old? There is no way Cole could be 7 years old today. 7 years ago, I was 20 years old and was experiencing a bad back ache for a few days. I called Marty at work and asked him to pick up some Tylenol for my back. He was asking the pharmacist at our local 24 hour Rite Aid which medication would be the safest for me, since I was due in 3 weeks. After asking him a few questions, she grabbed his hand and said "honey, your wife is in labor"! When he came home and told me the news, I started writing down the times of my contractions. As you can see by this picture, they weren't very consistent.

We arrived at the hospital at about 3:00 am and Cole was born at 2:12 pm the next day, making the labor a fabulous 23 hours total from the first contraction to "It's a Boy!"



We weren't sure if were going to have a boy or a girl. Our name for a girl was "Kylie Rene" and of course, Cole Robert for a boy. He was 7 pounds 10 ounces and we had not a clue what we were doing. But, here we are 7 years later with the most compassionate, sweet, loving, funny little boy that any parents could ask for. I love how much he loves his sister's and his pets. I love how he has made the decision all on his own to not eat meat. (Despise his Dad's begging) I love how he can make anything out of a piece of paper and a roll of tape. I can't wait to see how he changes this next year and the years that follow that.

Let's take a trip down {Birthday} memory lane, shall we? My scanner isn't very simple to use, so I took photos of photos and I am missing a few birthday's, please enjoy.




Heather and Andrea, get ready for this one....






(Note to self, find CD's with Cole's 5th and 6th Birthday parties)



2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow...

I remember the phone call at 6:30 a.m., while living in Twin Falls, and thinking "I'm calling in sick to work, cuz I'm gonna be an aunt and I have to go to Boise!"

I can remember being in the bathroom at Smokey Mtn. Pizza cleaning the frosting off of him at his 1st birthday.

Okay, so I won't go through all 7:)

I do know that he has grown to be the most compassionate little man that I know. I am so proud of him!

Happy Birthday, Cole!

Anonymous said...

Do you remember when I came to the hospital and Sis was just about a month old and I went to get a drink from the kitchen and they told me that I couldn't be walking around the hospital with a new born (them thinking she was the one just born). That was funny. I need to find the picture of the two of them laying on the hospital bed together.
The picture from the Fire Station is insane. WOW, does that make it more real at how fast all of our kids have grown up!
I am glad that we have been able to share with eachother all of these milestones with our kids.. And there are SO many more to come!

Hope all of your family kicks the crud they are feeling soon!
Love ya!!