11 months old!

2/01/2008

I can't believe that in just one month, my baby will be one year old! It's such a milestone birthday, so I am going to really enjoy Alli’s last month of being a "baby".

Just 4 months ago, I wrote this post about how she was just trying new foods and kind of crawling. Now, has moved past baby food and is now eating whatever we are eating (with a few exceptions, of course!). She does pretty well with her two cute teeth. She is also loving her sippy cup and refusing bottles 1/2 of the time. So, I think that by her first birthday, she will be off of the bottle (again, just like her brother, he weaned himself off of the bottle) and drinking her milk. Yes! MILK! The fact that we are so close to being finished with formula is so exciting that it could be a post in it's self! I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will like milk the way Ella does (that girl could drink a gallon a day!) and not have the issues that Cole had with it. That kid hated milk! We tried everything- flavored milk, soy milk, peanut milk, putting maple syrup in his milk- we were that desperate. I think he was between 18 mo and 2 years old before he would drink milk, and still not too thrilled with it!

I think that I have lost a couple of pounds in these last 3 weeks from chasing Alli and getting her out of everything. We are working hard on teaching her what is hers and what is not. But that's pretty though with 2 older kids around. She loves to eat paper too! Not just suck on it and make it soggy, but actually take a bite, chew and swallow. Cole and Ella love to draw and write and have paper everywhere, so she's always grabbing one for a quick little snack on the go! I can always tell when she is eating paper too because of the smacking sound she makes.

One of the funniest things that she does is push people out of the way when she's trying to get something that she has her eyes on. It's so rude, but how do you change that right now? =)

I am really looking forward to turning her car seat around. Her seat is on the side of the van with the automatic door and the same side that Cole gets in at school. So the kids always have to squeeze through the opening behind her seat to get in and out of the car. The only downfall on this will be her not being able to see Cole behind her anymore. That just breaks my heart because they both enjoy able to make each other laugh. It will be nice to be able to see her little face with out looking in the distorted mirror!

So, I have one month now to plan her cupcake themed first birthday! I found this and got so many ideas that I had to go with it! It's going to be so cute and I can't wait!

I really should end this with a cute pic, but I'm out of time and I would need to download some first. I have a busy night and a busy day tomorrow, so I wanted to get this posted by her 11th month birthday, so I'll share some cute pics later!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Waiting on those cute pictures you promised!

Happy 11 months, Alli!