Cole has been wanting a critter for awhile now and he's done such a good job at taking care of his bugs, that we thought it was ready to take care of something else. I think that it will be good for him to have the responsibility taking care of him, plus it gives his something to do for the summer! The idea was to get a lizard, but the guy there told us about the baby corn snakes and once he explained how simple they were to take care of, we were sold! And Cole named his "Corney"- too cute!!
All boy- a snake and a scraped up elbow! Corney (I just love saying that!) only eats once a week and it should be easy for Cole to feed him- frozen baby mice. Isn't that sick!! Better than a live one, I guess. He's so little right now- about the size of a pencil. He can get up to 5 feet (oh my!) and live for 20 years. Cole could still have this snake when he's our age =)
I was perfectly fine adding one new addition to our home, but Marty just melts when Ella looks at him right, so that's how Cinderella came to be part of our family too. A pretty blue Beta. Let's just hope that I can keep this one alive- I've only had 3 before this. But, since it was all Marty's idea , he's in charge of this one! I would prefer Ella be a bit older before she got her on pet, she just loves her new fish though. Thank goodness Marty did get anything for Alli.
One big happy family...a mom, a dad, a boy, two girls, a dog, a cat, a snake and a fish! And I was feeling like we've grown out of this house before our new additions!
After all of the excitement of getting Corney and Cinderella's new homes ready, Marty and I were ready for a little quite. We had received a gift certificate to The Mona Lisa in Nampa from Cole's school carnival almost 2 months ago and thought it was finally time to use it! Marty's mom watched the kids and it was the first time we've gone anywhere alone since Alli was born. It was so nice! So quite and such good food. I was actually pretty good too, well except for all the points I drank! It started with just a glass of wine and ended up with an empty bottle. It was great just to be able to talk to Marty and let loose a bit! When we got home, I couldn't believe how big of a mess my kids can make in only 2 hours, but worth it. I laid down on the bed with Alli and woke up 2 hours later. The wine hit me hard! Time to go to bed now...tomorrow I plan to clean the house a bit and maybe go to the grocery store, Marty will be helping his sister move, so just the kids and I tomorrow!
2 comments:
Wow, Cass... what are you going to do with a 20 year old, 5 foot snake!?!?!? Looks like you had a lot of fun at Petco! See you monday night?
Oh Clay can't wait to come over and see it.. He found a dead one on the road on the last day of school when I let him ride his bike to school, thank goodness he left it on the road after he handled it I am sure :)... Too fun, you do have a busy, full house don't you!!!
Post a Comment